THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ball and press with a pan is easier when making tortillas Bill, Guerre is right.
Wax paper down, the ball goes on and cover with another sheet and press down with a suitably big sauce pan.
HTH

Looks tasty! Why 1 week? I would of thought the acid from the OJ and lime juice would of cooked it for you with that long of a marinade. Soy, black pepper, Oj and lime juice and jalapeños for 1 hr on the counter for me. I messed up alot of chicken a while back with citric acids from fruits

The ball and press with a pan is easier when making tortillas Bill, Guerre is right.
Wax paper down, the ball goes on and cover with another sheet and press down with a suitably big sauce pan.
HTH

Yup I'll do it this way next time. I think I didn't have enough water content in the dough either. Well, only my second time around, so I think I know what I need to do now.

Looks tasty! Why 1 week? I would of thought the acid from the OJ and lime juice would of cooked it for you with that long of a marinade. Soy, black pepper, Oj and lime juice and jalapeños for 1 hr on the counter for me. I messed up alot of chicken a while back with citric acids from fruits

One week was purely for experimentation and me being busy. I knew I was not going to have time to make the meal through the week, and I knew that the OJ and Lime Juice etc, would have some preserving effect, so it would last a week easy. Guerry did his for 4 days, so 1 week... well, why not!:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

Nicely done Bill that second one was perfect. I bet that tasted great.\

On the tortillas, are you hand rolling or patting them? How do you get that creative shape? I roll mine into balls and mash with a pan, they always come out round

HTH

Just wanna give credit to Bob on the pan mashing thingie :thumb: - my rolling pin tortillas kinda looked like Bill's...:becky:

Back