2 TBS lawrys seasoned salt
2 TBS garlic salt or onion salt
1/2 TBS chili powder
1 tsp dried oregeno leaves
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 TBS black pepper ground

mix together. Nice flavor and color

i call it Matts sugar dust. Its for pork

Good looking grub Matt, glad to see the drum is working out well for you!

any wind?

That seems to be one of my issues
Bengal,

I had wind issues. When I built mine I thought there was no need to regulate the exhaust. I was wrong. I have 8 - 1/2" holes. In the wind, I cover 4 of them with magnets and it holds temp great. The surface area of each 1/2" hole is ~0.2"sq., so I can cut down from 1.6"sq. to 0.8"sq. (or even further I suppose).

Hope this helps.

Bengal,

I had wind issues. When I built mine I thought there was no need to regulate the exhaust. I was wrong. I have 8 - 1/2" holes. In the wind, I cover 4 of them with magnets and it holds temp great. The surface area of each 1/2" hole is ~0.2"sq., so I can cut down from 1.6"sq. to 0.8"sq. (or even further I suppose).

Hope this helps.

Every bit of info helps at this point. I checked my thermo for accuracy in boiling water and it was SPOT on..... so I may have had the UDS a little high at points. I usually had it at 230 though with only a half hour or so at 250. My next smoke I will likely try to go a little lower maybe?

Most drums sweet spots are at 238. Find yours and cook there all the time.
Thats center grate temp.

Most drums sweet spots are at 238. Find yours and cook there all the time.
Thats center grate temp.

I had a potato mod center grate check.... it was right around that most of the time. I had wind issues that caused some "flexing" (I think)

Back