First UDS Build, Fatty and Scotch BBQ Eggs for Pron

Hoosier1960

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Harold
I finally got my UDS done with the help with all the Brethern and Sisters on here. Thanks so much! I bought a new drum and had it sandblasted and then powder coated. I found a donor Weber grill on CL and so I have boths the drum lid and the dome lid. I used stainless u-bolts with stainless acorn nuts on the outside. There are 2 cooking racks and u-bolt in place in case I want to use a diffuser some day. Basket is 13 1/2" Weber cooking great with 3/4" #9 flat expanded steel 9" high. I used the pizza pan mod as a an ash catcher. Fatty was sprinkled with Draper's BBQ A.P. Rub compliments of Indianagriller. I also fixed "Scotch Eggs" but sprinkled with more Draper's instead of bread crumbs. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• UDS14.jpg
    UDS14.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 297
  • UDS17.jpg
    UDS17.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 296
  • UDS18.jpg
    UDS18.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 294
  • UDS29.jpg
    UDS29.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 291
  • UDS31.jpg
    UDS31.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 295
  • UDS32.jpg
    UDS32.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 295
  • UDS33.jpg
    UDS33.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 295
  • UDS34.jpg
    UDS34.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 293
  • UDS35.jpg
    UDS35.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 292
Um... I don't think you can really call that a UDS anymore. That definitely looks like a BDS to me! Very good looking. You did a great job! And the pron looks delicious, too!! :-D

Just out of curiosity for someone like myself, who has no knowledge of welding. What type of place would you by equipment and what type?

Thanks everyone!
@N8man- I like the name DrumCorps :-D
@Tish- Thanks, I am pretty proud of it and I did want it to look nice :icon_blush:
@Indianagriller-I did like the rub-Thanks again!
@Porky Joes- I will PM you so I don't hijack my own thread...lol
Harold

Back