THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boat - Not to worry man. It's all good. I know Mark and even though he has been competing for 4 years...he still can't cook!!!! :heh:

Suwanee, GA here. We are relative rookies in the cooking contests too, but have done enough, so far, to subsidize our hobby. We've cooked 6 times and have placed in the money 4 times. We've cooked professionally at the Pigs and Peaches, last year, and at the Macon GBA GON BBQ Blast (there was no backyard), this year. We took 3rd place in pork in Macon. We cooked in an MBN contest at Stone Mountain, Grillin' in the Village and took 1st in ribs and 3rd in sauce at the contest in Cartersville. We will be cooking in Jekyll Island in a few weeks. I really enjoyed the GBA event we cooked, and we plan to cook in quite a few more of them. I would love to meet up with some of you guys sometime. I think we plan on cooking in Cleveland, at the KCBS event, as well.

Well, it hasn't come close to paying for this hobby, but I do know that it's pretty good. I just hope we can keep it up, but it's probably beginner's luck.

Hey Mark I would have figured you would have done a comp by now after going to the cook school back in Nov 09. Have you been practicing at all?

I guess I should have read all of the post before posting, I thought this was a new post. I went to the Jacks Old South cooking school with him in November of 2009.

Suwanee, GA here. We are relative rookies in the cooking contests too, but have done enough, so far, to subsidize our hobby. We've cooked 6 times and have placed in the money 4 times. We've cooked professionally at the Pigs and Peaches, last year, and at the Macon GBA GON BBQ Blast (there was no backyard), this year. We took 3rd place in pork in Macon. We cooked in an MBN contest at Stone Mountain, Grillin' in the Village and took 1st in ribs and 3rd in sauce at the contest in Cartersville. We will be cooking in Jekyll Island in a few weeks. I really enjoyed the GBA event we cooked, and we plan to cook in quite a few more of them. I would love to meet up with some of you guys sometime. I think we plan on cooking in Cleveland, at the KCBS event, as well.

I'm sure we met in Macon. I'll be working as one of the contest reps at Jekyll. Look forward to seeing you there.

Back