First time rotisserie cook.

WilliamKY

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
William
I've never had a rotisserie until now. Sorry the pron is minimal. I worked all weekend and I'm beat down. I still found the energy to mount this bad boy and do an 8.5 pound hen. Combo of Owens BBQ spicy rub and Weber cracker pepper rub. Hickory wood with a small handful of cherry chips. I poked if with a paring knife and juice shot onto the kitchen counter. Oh yeeuh! Tasty.

Attachments

• 20180603_165936.jpg
    20180603_165936.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 20180603_170314.jpg
    20180603_170314.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 145
Rotisserie is an entire different level of cooking. Relax and enjoy the results, watch things revolve, enjoy a beverage, and take notes for the next time.
I use mine when I want to take time for myself with an excuse, which is why I tend to burn pure wood in my kettle when I use it.

Chicken looks great. What rotisserie do you have? I’m looking at getting one myself.
OneGrill HD universal. 13watt. I'm going to get some longer bolts and spacers tomorrow. It worked great but even with the heat shield the outside of the motor was very warm from sitting so close to the drum and I'm kinda leery of that.

Last edited:
If thats your first then you hit the jackpot. All rotiss motors get hot. I wouldn't worry about it. Ok, if it melts you might want to check why !

Looks good from here, if your worried about the moter just sheild it with alfoil.
Roti stuff is awefully good at self basting, :thumb:

Back