THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aawa

Babbling Farker
Today I was off and wanted to attempt ribs for the first time, as I found a sale for $1.99/lb at FoodLion. *This was my second time smoking anything, first time was a fatty and some brats last week*

So I bought a couple racks and rubbed them up. One with Plowboys Yard Bird, the other with a Cherry Hickory Dirt I was given.
rY2Rd.jpg

I got my Mini all ready, here is a gratuitous shot of the new paint job my buddy put on it. Hot Rod Flames in matte black, and gloss top. I love the way it turned out. Used some RO Lump and Apple wood.
uXb7W.jpg

Got them on the grates and let them smoke. I used the 3-2-1 method on these. I didn't get any pictures of foiling them up unfortunately. I used some butter, brown sugar, honey, screaming peaches habenro hot sauce, and some apple juice.

After 2hrs foiled, i pulled them out and sauced them up. I dont have a sauce brush yet. One of the things I overlooked buying. I'll get one soon though!
tD09K.jpg

After sauced I put them on the smoker for 1hr. They passed the bend test nicely. Here is a shot of the ribs plated up!
T9VTs.jpg

I think the ribs came out nicely, bite through lightly pulling away from the bone and not falling off. I preferred the ribs w/ Plowboys Yardbird rub. My roommate preferred the Cherry Hickory ribs, I'm going to drop a few of the ribs off to some close friends to see what they think!
gTWNZ.jpg

I have definitely taken to Qing it up at home. This forum rocks for knowledge about bbq. Thanx for looking!

Nice flames on that mini and good lookin ribs. I like my ribs with a bite through as well. I'm doing my third cook on my mini this Friday---- love this little thing! Going with beef back ribs and st Louis cut spares

Back