THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J

Jack2u2

The city had a BBQ for contractors, council people, etc. My buddy Rob and I cooked. About 40 people to feed. We did 2 briskets and 2 fattys (shoulda done more) on my UDS, 2 - 7.5 lb. butts on the WMS. Some Carolina style slaw, tater salad, beans rounded out the meal. Lots of compliments, so we were pleased. BTW, a 11.5 lb. brisket hit 200 in 4.5 hours. Caught me by surprise.

Nice! I've had some fast cooking Briskets on the drum that have caught me off guard too, I gotta approach it almost like a High Temp cook! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Ron - the thing sat @ 225 without a move. Put the brisket on at 3:00 am, and at 7:30, reading 200. Tender, moist....the other took another 3 hours.????

Wow that is fast I've never had one get to 200 that fast. Before I got a remote digital thermomter I would have not checked it until 6-6.5 hours.

The brisket was choice - put it in the cooler and kept it there until 10:30. The smoker was down to 165 or so, and I put it back on the firm up a bit. As I said, moist, tender....whatever the deal was, at least it turned out good!

Back