THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yep,it does look good! Hope it taste as good as it looks.:thumb:

So those PBR's got to us last night and kept my attention away from posting a taste review....

Overall I was real happy with the results. The sausage was really tasty. It was a little bit dry, I think from sitting in at the higher heat. Not too bad for my first go though.

The chicken had great flavor, maybe a little too smoky, but not overpowering. Probably a combination of using the hickory and me just putting too many chunks on out of first smoke anxiety, haha. The chicken skin wasn't quite bite-through, a little chewy, most likely from cooking most of the time a little bit over 200. Good flavor though.

Next time I'll take pictures of the insides and also get plate pictures with the sides and all. It feels good to have the first one outta the way with good results, not too much stress and a MUCH better idea of how my smoker handles.

Thanks everybody for your help and feedback!

Remember, (per the char griller instructions!).... use wood to get enough heat for smoking! I can keep it at 225 or 250 using chunks of red oak.. I saw a temp guage on the grill, how do the readings compare with the factory temp guage on the lid?

Back