First Ribs in a long time.

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
Been a long time. It was pre-pandemic the last time I got a real cook under my belt. The 270 Smokers Sumo is getting the call tonight. Replaced a lot of metal in the firebox and after a lot of hard work got her seasoning up and running a dry run to check there are no issues. So now it's almost time after a re-fuel and trimming up some spare ribs into a St. Louis cut to get this party started.
Got the ribs rubbed with The BBQ Rub by Killer Hogs. Used yellow mustard as the binder and going to smoke with Cherry Wood.
Going to be a good night.

I will get some pics. The 270 is running rock solid on temp just like it use to do. Got a good deal on spare ribs at Walmart for $1.97 per lb. It was more if they were not frozen.

I'm in the mood for ribs, so I know what I'll be cooking next weekend. Thanks for prodding me in that direction.

Some ribs, beans, and potato salad. My wife picked up the potato salad. Beans were mixed with some traeger apricot bbq sauce and cheese. Smokin Hoggz rub mixed in for flavor and smoked.
Used Cool Smoke Barbecue Red Sauce. The flavor was good. The color was not my favorite. It's a good eating bbq sauce. Flavor is top notch.
I wrapped the ribs with apple cider vinegar.
Nice to have the smoke rolling again. I missed cooking these past few years like I use to do.
Good day and good food.

Some ribs, beans, and potato salad. My wife picked up the potato salad. Beans were mixed with some traeger apricot bbq sauce and cheese. Smokin Hoggz rub mixed in for flavor and smoked.
Used Cool Smoke Barbecue Red Sauce. The flavor was good. The color was not my favorite. It's a good eating bbq sauce. Flavor is top notch.
I wrapped the ribs with apple cider vinegar.
Nice to have the smoke rolling again. I missed cooking these past few years like I use to do.
Good day and good food.

Back in the saddle again :thumb:

Back