First Pron post on the Bretheren - My spin on Cupcake Chicken

Those look delicious. What do you do with all the trimmings? My dogs wanted to know!
My dogs were knowing at the trash can themselves! That was one major issue I had with this cook was what to do with all the trimmings?? There is a lot of trimming that this requires, though most of it is, fat and skin but out of 12 thighs I definitely tossed a nice hunk of trimmings

yes, you need to show us more!!! Like How do you cut the chicken to look like that?

I will take more thorough pictures next time. I was not sure how this was going to come out, and being the only one home I opted not to take prep pics. By far the labor intensive prep Ive had to do for a cook. This makes trimming up packers and butts seem like a cake walk. Though the end result is definitely worth it.

I do almost the exact same thing with similar results. I know for a fact those are delicious! Great job thanks for posting.

What rub did you use? I used Myrons " Huney Muney Cluck Rub" and it was the best chicken ive ever had. The hardest part of the trimming was removing the knuckle bones. I used a bread knife and really got a work out cutting those bones. My main problem with the recipie is on my akorn kamado I can only make 12 thighs at a time. cause the muffin tins take up too much space. Great looking cook man!!!! keep it up

Back