THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ozlites

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Ozzy
Hi y'all,
It's been awhile since I posted and the bday email I was sent reminded me of how I needed to reconnect. It was my bday last Easter Sunday and I had a bunch of friends come over for supper.
I lit up my WSM around 7:30pm Saturday night and salt and peppered a packer brisket to start with. 8:15 was when I steadied her temp to 250F, added some chunks of oak, later on, adding some lump coal to have a little nap around 1:30am. Woke up 4 hours later, added some briquettes, went back for another nap till 7:30 am. Had coffee, wrapped the brisket at 165F and added a small Boston Butt. Took the brisket off around 11am to rest in the cooler for a few hours. I then put the pork butt and put it on the lower rack and added 2 racks of ribs on top, had a baby rack with a store bought Vietnamese style BBQ rub I wanted to try and a St-Louis rack with my own Memphis style rub. Meats were ready by 5pm, everybody loved it and that made me a happy bday boy. Sorry no after pics as it was devoured by my hungry guests!
Cheers!
Oz

Back