THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mlukewow

Knows what a fatty is.
First time doing a whole pig thanks to everyone for your words of advice.

Big Mike

Attachments

• DSC02245.jpg
    DSC02245.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC02210.jpg
    DSC02210.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC02230.jpg
    DSC02230.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC02241.jpg
    DSC02241.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 277
Lookin' good so far...:p How big was your pig...it looks dwarfed in that huge pit...:eek::lol:

Awesome! Congrats and glad it well for ya! Looks tasty from here.

That was an 80 pound pig dont know that it would be considered a HOG but it was smaller than Ithought it would be.

With that being said it was a total blast to do it and kinda daunting but I ahve a new respect for whole HOG cookers and will be doing it again.

The pit is a hand made job I bought from a husband and wife catering team here in Oregon out in the Sandy area. He welded it and did it himself, hepassed away a few years ago and I purchased it from her and was one of the last peices of their operation to go. When I hooked it up it brought tears to her eyes to see ehr memories driving away but I ahve stayed in touch with her and showed her pictures of her husbands hard work still feeding the masses and it makes her happy to see it being used regularly.

I LOVE TO Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was an 80 pound pig dont know that it would be considered a HOG but it was smaller than Ithought it would be.

With that being said it was a total blast to do it and kinda daunting but I ahve a new respect for whole HOG cookers and will be doing it again.

The pit is a hand made job I bought from a husband and wife catering team here in Oregon out in the Sandy area. He welded it and did it himself, hepassed away a few years ago and I purchased it from her and was one of the last peices of their operation to go. When I hooked it up it brought tears to her eyes to see ehr memories driving away but I ahve stayed in touch with her and showed her pictures of her husbands hard work still feeding the masses and it makes her happy to see it being used regularly.

Very nice story...keep her posted what you're doing with that pit.

youre a good man!

Back