THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toploader

Knows what a fatty is.
I found a 2 pack at Smart and Final so I thought I would try an overnight cook with the bigger one. Threw it on minutes ago just before 10pm with an almost full load of lump.
Did a simple rub and tossed it on and left it for the drum gods to look after it.
Here are a couple before pics, I will post up tomorrow on the turn out. Wish me luck!

She takes up some grill space.

Don't worry, the drum gods are extremely forgiving. Watch that lump for steady temps, and seriously, it won't take as long as you think.

Ok ok im up....still no coffee but here she is. This was about 13lbs and boneless I forgot to mention earlier it looks thin in the pics but was a big hunk of meat.
6 am barrel temp 200

some shreddin

all toasty inside I can live with that

one more

look super tasty! i can't wait to a few more this weekend the 3 i cooked saturday got eaten up/ given away already!

Thanks brothers...wow im gonna have to do these up more often. It actually turned out better than expected. I was ready to wake up to a lump of coal on the grill. The gods must of liked the swine sacrifice:mrgreen:

Butts are on sale for 78 cents a pound here, so I had to buy more. I have 6 to do. Hope they turn out as good as yours did!

Back