First off-site catering as my own entity

seangoggin

Name or Nickame
Sean
Forgive the lack of photos, apparently my iphone saved them all as .HEIC files. I have them hosted on IMGUR if anyone wants the full run down.

Everything was a pretty big hit. Definitely got wiped out on sweet tea though. We'll know for next time 10 gallons for 175 is short by a LOT. Menu was pork, mac, baked beans and chicken. We had a 4 day lead on this event so a lot of the sourcing was reactionary. Hence the massive amounts of 8-way chicken you see on that Lang. Results were pretty darn good so I'll end up doing it this way again. Chicken went for 2-3 hours at 275. Separated into the big cuts and the wings and drums so nothing got too crispy. Beans were smoked at the same time. Pork went for 14 hours around 220. Best I've done yet, which is good because it was the group I wanted to show off for!

We had people coming back for thirds so it was a hit. I'm glad I got our beverage director to come along for the trip to. I've always been on the food side of large events and never on the front lines of setup. She was amazing for that. By the time I'd unloaded the car she had set everything up behind me!

Always glad to have good people on side! Looks like I might get a couple gigs from the fire dept in town now as well!

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

That's awesome. Great photos on your link. That bark looked killer.

What are the hotel pans sitting in? Is that some sort of warmer?

Congratulations on your success. 10 gallons of sweet tea is barely enough for me, so if it's in the south, double or triple the amount. Good luck on your other gigs.

That's awesome. Great photos on your link. That bark looked killer.

What are the hotel pans sitting in? Is that some sort of warmer?

Yeah! First time I’d ever seen them. They collapse and you can put sternos and a water pan in them. Super compact and stylish!

I'd love to hit some of the bird or the pork, and I'm guessing that's some mac & cheese down there.

Thanks for taking us along on the trip with you... frustrations and all.

Wait, the pic I posted is now in yer post but there were no pics in your post when I posted it.

Strange I say...

I'd love to hit some of the bird or the pork, and I'm guessing that's some mac & cheese down there.

Thanks for taking us along on the trip with you... frustrations and all.

Mac and baked beans as well! I'm glad y'all could come along with me.

Looks awesome. First time I've heard of your meeting of wrapping a butt once it's done.

This looks absolutely phenomenal...you have a place in Savannah? I go there time to time to vacy where is it located? Would love to get a hold of some of that grub!

Back