First Hot & Fast Brisket lots of pron and more to come

NIce lookin stuff! Just like I do mine except mine is in the pan the whole cook.

Nice post! Did you use your low slow rub recipe? The couple times I've done fast and hot I've found that the shorter cook time doesn't allow the spices to meld with the beef and mellow the result being a bit overpowering. So adjusting the recipe for the shorter cook time is needed. We have settled into a comfort zone running 250 to 275 with ever increasing results. I still consider this "low and slow" - running at 300 is more like "medium and quicker" while 350 to 375 is "hot and fast."

I smoked it at 300 degrees at the grid until it was 160. Next time I'm going to try 275 degrees at the grid to build up more smoke and bark. I may also take it up to a higher temp before I pan it. Just ideas for next time.

I pan or foil at 170. Here is yesterday's cook. I don't add any liquid when I pan or foil though.

Nice post! Did you use your low slow rub recipe? The couple times I've done fast and hot I've found that the shorter cook time doesn't allow the spices to meld with the beef and mellow the result being a bit overpowering. So adjusting the recipe for the shorter cook time is needed. We have settled into a comfort zone running 250 to 275 with ever increasing results. I still consider this "low and slow" - running at 300 is more like "medium and quicker" while 350 to 375 is "hot and fast."

I didn't get the flavor all the way through even though I injected it two hours before putting it on. Next time I'm going to inject then marinade overnight like I've always done with low and slow. I also think I should have added more wood chunks with the hot and fast because of the shorter smoking time (was 3.25 hours unfoiled). I used the same rub I always do with brisket, it was not overpowering.

Back