THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grindstaff3

Knows what a fatty is.
I started up my uds for the first time after finally getting it sealed up (thanks meat burner). I put 2 fatties on there ( one maple JD w/ rub, and one hot JD w/ cheese and jap slices inside). Man I'm getting pumped to put some real me on this thing next week. I'll show pic of the finished product when they're done. I was in too big a rush to get them on to take pics before hand.

Attachments

• DSC_0003 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0003 (Medium).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0007 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0007 (Medium).JPG
    34 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0009 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0009 (Medium).JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0012 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0012 (Medium).JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0014 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0014 (Medium).JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0010 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0010 (Medium).JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 112
I live really close to Meat Burner and he sliced off the top ring and we did a little bending, Works great now. He saved that drum from doom.

I was very glad he helped.

I stuck a probe on the grate and I'm 40* higher on the center than the sides...I got a temp spike when I took the lid off to 260* so the center was 300!...How do I get/keep it down. I only had one valve open about 1/3 and when the temp spike hit i shut it all down but it really didn't drop much.

First don't open it. Make sure top is centered and sealed. Catch temp on way up , control it. Let 20-30 min. go by between adjustments.

Back