THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rickybobby83

Name or Nickame
Rickybobby83
Took a shot at a fatty today and it didn't turn out all that bad. Read that it's pretty hard to mess these thing s up so I figured I'd try a healthier version of the fatty so the wife would eat it. Almost like a bacon wrapped meatloaf of sorts.

Originally planned on smoking it but it didn't work out because I forgot I had a leadership meeting at the church so I had to do it in the oven. Also cooked a couple racks of baby backs.

So here's the breakdown of what I used:

Took 1 lb of ground lean turkey
2pks of bacon
1 medium jalapeño
1 medium Serrano pepper
Half an onion
Half head of garlic
Salt
Pepper
2tbs of rub
Half cup of mozzarella
Bbq sauce
1 cup of bread crumbs

I mixed the rub and brad crumbs together and let it chill in the fridge while I did my bacon weave, and then cut up the peppers, onion, garlic. I sautéed the peppers, onion and garlic in some olive oil for a sec to take some of the crunch out. Use a whole pack of bacon 6 strips x 6 strips. (Thin cut sucks, suggest thick cut as I learned the hard way today). Once I had the bacon weave done I flattened out the turkey over it. Then spread out the peppers, onions and garlic and topped off with some bbq sauce and cheese. Once i got it rolled up, I did another bacon weave and wrapped it around because I had bought thin cut bacon and it sucked. Once I put the second layer of bacon on it, that did the trick. Topped it off with a dusting of rub and baked it at 265 for about 3 hrs maybe 3 and a half?

Attachments

Back