FIRST EVER: Biscuits and Gravy Fatty with PRON

WOW, Jon, I am sitting here at my computer in Central, Arkansas on a rainy Sunday morning hungry enough to eat the hind legs off of a buffalo going North and I come across this. I am tempted to go out in the rain and fire up the smoker and make one o these...Great Stuff and Pron, thanks for sharing.

Paul

I think....?

OK so I've been contemplating this idea since the last time I made a fatty.

I present to you the "Biscuits and Gravy Fatty". This is by far my favorite breakfast dish followed closely to Eggs Benedict. I figured why not make it into a fatty. This may not be the prettiest but it tastes great!

I've searched the site and couldn't find that anybody has ever tried this so I figured what the hell.

Sausage: 2 Jimmy Dean Regular logs lightly rubbed with my own pork rub and lots of fresh sage.
Gravy: Heavy whipping cream, milk, half a log of JD, red pepper flake, lots of salt, pepper and thickened with corn starch.
Biscuit: Grands with butter

1. Made gravy extra thick to help remain in the log during cook.
2. Rolled out the JD into a large rectangle, applied light rub
3. Rolled the fatty with 2 cups of the gravy
4. Smoked at approx 300 for 2 hrs, foiled last 30 mins to collect juices(for making more gravy)
5. Rolled out grands into a large rectangle and carefully wrapped the fatty.
6. Baked at 350F for 25 mins
7. Slice and enjoy

I make some pretty good gravy but when the smoked juices of the meat mixes with the gravy............mmmmmm it's so farking good.

I will continue and try to make this more presentable, but for now I'm happy with the results. I wasn't even sure it would work so now I can tweak.

My wife thought I was an idiot for trying but when everything was done, she had thirds....go figure.

Thanks for looking,

Jon

OMG, I'm channeling Guido -- the first thing that sprang to mind was "That'd make a puppy pull a freight train!"

Looks like Fattie Wellington to me. Love it!

I came here to specifically say this precise thing. I did it for our Pancake supper this past Tuesday and last year as well. I could never get non-Q people to take up the whole fattie Idea when it was laying there and this one adjustment made it fly off the shelves without even explaining what it was.

Over the years I have tried different names like Jimmy Wellington (after Jimmy Dean LOL,) Redneck Wellington, Hillbilly Wellington, Lipitor Wellington, and Trailhand Wellington. Fattie Wellington is good too. Notice a complete absence of Funk Language titles like when I could not sell BBQ Spaghetti but had not problem selling it as Cosmic Slop.

I am not sure you did but I have to cook this halfway in the smoker first then remove when it firms up and rewrap with the dough (which helps the inside cook pretty fast as well AND allows for the fat to drain well.

I am so glad someone posted this and Fattie Wellington is a wonderful name. Good color on the dough too.

Kind words aren't over. You definitely know what a fatty is. I think even health awareness wife would go for this one as I can exclaim "Well, you just love biscuits & gravy".

The wonderful thing about this Wellington Fatty?
You could make one on the cheap. Maybe $10.00 in materials?

It looks awesome, most excellent. Thank you for sharing!

I'm sure there will be hundreds of these things smoked, baked and eaten within the week.

The wonderful thing about this Wellington Fatty?
You could make one on the cheap. Maybe $10.00 in materials?

It looks awesome, most excellent. Thank you for sharing!

I'm sure there will be hundreds of these things smoked, baked and eaten within the week.

Your right about the price! I bought the 2 Jd rolls at 1.50 each, gravy stuff maybe 2.00 and grands 1.75 so costs about 6.75 plus tax.....gotta luv that!

Back