THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

badzdad

Found some matches.
Here are some quick pics of our first go around with the new Tucker Cooker. I have to say it was GREAT! Everything turned out amazing and I am VERY happy with how efficient the Tucker is and just how well it smokes everything.

The list this time through was:
1 - 20lb Wild Turkey
4 - 10lb (+or- a lb or two) Boston Butts
2 - 15lb Pork Loins
3 - 10lb bags of Chicken Leg Quarters
3 - Racks of Baby Back Ribs

Going to cook again this weekend and will be sure to take some better pics this time.

Attachments

Here's a pic I got from the website...nice lookin' smoker bro! :p

buildtucker-cooker-loaded.jpg

Nice lookin grub. Please post more pics of the Tucker.

I will take some more pics tomorrow. Unfortunately I havent had time to take as many 'vanity' pics of the cooker as I would like. Just been too busy. I am making myself slow down and take more pics tomorrow though. Its time to get some pics for the website :p

I did attach two more pics. They arent as clear as I would like them. They are of us picking up the Tucker from George and Holly (owners of Tucker Cooker) in Memphis.

How was that wild turkey?

I was more worried about that turkey than anything else. I was afraid we would never get it all the way done. It was pretty good though. The texture of wild turkey is just plain tougher than store bought, but man o man did it hold the smoke well. All we did was sprinkle it with rub and do some basic injection and it turned out great.

That's one full cooker! How was the temp control? Was there enough airflow?

Temp control was fine. It stayed right at 230ish for 10hrs. The air flow was fine from what I could tell. I mean everything was well smoked and we didnt have to fight at all to keep the fire/temp right where I wanted it. The Tucker is very efficient and just a solid cooker. My only wish is that they made one even bigger lol.

Looks good, dude! Now you need to move back to VA and share.

LOL...umm NO! Not moving back to Va lol. Plenty happy with the freedom of Ky and not having neighbors up my backside. You are welcome to swing through for some grub though on your way out to Colorado though! You'd love it here man.

Wow,talking about stacking your meat efficiently....
Nice work Badzdad!

I've never cooked without the cooker being full. So I guess stacking everything together efficiently just comes with the territory. We always have a ton of people to cook for. If they hear even rumor that we are firing up a smoker the neighgors, family, friends, etc start dropping off meat. Somewhat annoying...but I guess its keeps you on the Christmas card list lol.

Attachments

How long of a burn did you get with the charcol basket? It looks like you got the "fuse" basket. How often did you add coals in that 10 hrs?

Back