THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for all the offers to help me eat! There's actually not much left after sharing with friends and co-workers.

Send me what you dont want Looks good. What temp did you do the cook

What temps I wanted to cook at is significantly different than what I cooked at due to running out of lump and choking my Egg with excessive ash at times!

I started at 225 for 90 minutes, then ramped up to about 290. About 5-6 hours in I noticed my Stoker fan running more than normal and struggling to maintain my target temp. At first I thought it might be poor airflow due to ash build up so I got out wiggle rod out and cleared the grate holes but it only helped for a little while. Eventually I had to remove the meat and add more lump. After dealing with that I pushed the temps up a little higher to the 295-300 range to try to make up a little time. The brisket stalled for about 3 hrs at an IT of 165.

Ultimately, my sort of hot & fast cook ended up being a sometimes hot, sometimes not & dang long cook. :loco:

I know the feeling of being lazy, and not wanting to take the time to properly clean out the firebox. You got caught that time, but like you said, it won't happen again.

Back