THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
So I fired off my first cook in the OJB (Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco). I wanted to do chicken just to see how it would hold up against PBC chicken. The PBC is a chicken beast! I’ve never had anything but outstanding chicken from my PBC. I left the diffuser in the Bronco. Overall everything was great. The cooker held temps well (270ish) and was very responsible to intake adjustments. Once the chicken was close to done I opened the intake a little to raise the temp to about 330 to crisp up the skin. The chicken turned out great!! It was a little more mild in flavor than the PBC but I believe that was because of the diffuser. A better comparison would have been for me to leave out the diffuser. This was a successful cook and I can’t wait to cook some ribs on this cooker. Below is a little pron for the addicted brethren! :becky:

Attachments

Thanks for the comments everyone!

That gumbo idea is making my mouth water Fire and Ice! :thumb:

Looking good Andrew! How did you like the chicken compared to the pbc?

Back