THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CrackerJack from KC

Full Fledged Farker
Cooked a pork butt today, put in on a hoagie bun with BBQ sauce on it, really good.

I hear some people use a vinegar based "finishing sauce" then add cole slaw. Would love to try a good recipe if someone can give me one.

Shhhh...don't tell anyone I told you this...I use a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece (original) for my pulled pork sammie sauce...and top it with coleslaw! :p

IMG_4195.jpg

DSC04533cc.jpg

Here is a good Eastern NC vinegar starter recipe. This batch in the picture has a couple of dried peppers floating in there. If this sounds too tart, you can substitute some apple juice for some of the water. Adding a splash of wooster is a nice touch too.....It works as a mop and a sop both. A shaker bottle is a good way to go, then you just carry it from the pit to the table wihtout any worry of cross contamination.

1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 t Salt (try sea salt)
1-1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
1/2 t Black Pepper
Warm the base so that the salt & peppers can blend in evenly.

DSC04533cc.jpg

Here is a good Eastern NC vinegar starter recipe. This batch in the picture has a couple of dried peppers floating in there. If this sounds too tart, you can substitute some apple juice for some of the water. Adding a splash of wooster is a nice touch too.....It works as a mop and a sop both. A shaker bottle is a good way to go, then you just carry it from the pit to the table wihtout any worry of cross contamination.

1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 t Salt (try sea salt)
1-1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
1/2 t Black Pepper
Warm the base so that the salt & peppers can blend in evenly.

Ill try this one too!!!!

Shhhh...don't tell anyone I told you this...I use a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece (original) for my pulled pork sammie sauce...and top it with coleslaw! :p

IMG_4195.jpg

Vinegar is in the same category as wooster and salt. A little, works in all kinds of situations. A subconscious flavor wake up kind of thing. It's really weird.....most of us buy and use each of them, a smidgen here, a touch there, but you never see any advertisements for them.

Back