THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "wet your napkin from your water bottle, wipe your paws, and dry on another napkin" routine works without disturbing the natural flora on your hands or messing with the taste of the next sample you handle or grossing out the rest of the judges at your table.

This issues needs a comment from reps during instructions.

A recent contest that I judged had skewers to extract the chicken pieces and ribs from the box. Worked great and you just had to wipe off the skewer so as to not transfer sauce from one piece to the next.

I personally do the wet knapkin from my water bottle thing between chicken and ribs usually.

Lets hear from the delegates of the great state of California. Whatever they are doing will get here to the mid-west in a year or two. lol keith

The "wet your napkin from your water bottle, wipe your paws, and dry on another napkin" routine works without disturbing the natural flora on your hands or messing with the taste of the next sample you handle or grossing out the rest of the judges at your table.

This issues needs a comment from reps during instructions.

I dug out my KCBS judges class booklet from 2007. Under the heading Instructions for judges, it states...
"Handi Wipes or towelettes may only be used after the last category, as they contain alcohol and/or scent"

I haven't judged in over 2 years now, but that was the rule then. I agree with others that a little water and a paper towell should be fine. There isn't any scent in my alcohol probe wipes, but I wouldn't want to taste them either

Back