THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
George
Did a 10# packer and 10# butt yesterday to get ahead of the coming weather. Held wrapped in foil in oven at 170 (the lowest it would go) for 15 hours 'till I got around to portioning and freezing. Was surprised how well it held at 170. The brisket was a tad dry and probably should have been pulled off the smoke earlier than the 201 int. temp but tasty nonetheless.

Attachments

• smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 181
  • smoke 2.jpg
    smoke 2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 178
  • smoke 4.jpg
    smoke 4.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 179
  • smoke 5.jpg
    smoke 5.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 180
Looks good to me. When I put a brisket in the oven will pour a can of Dr Pepper (don't use diet) in the pan and cover tight with foil.

Looks good to me. When I put a brisket in the oven will pour a can of Dr Pepper (don't use diet) in the pan and cover tight with foil.
I did use some apple juice as usual but just before wrapping. I can always add a little juice when warming up for eating. This batch will last the two of us a long time even after giving some away.

Back