Favorite team meals at comps

If Steph or Shane are there - I bake a Lasagna. If not, very little. Maybe a sandwich from a local restaurant. Granola bar for breakfast unless Dennis Keck is there, then he cooks. Lunch - Yuck, nothing. Stuffed with BBQ. Dinner is usually while driving home - generally a milk shake.

Prepping for a contest this weekend and wanted to get some ideas for team meals during the event. Normally we end up doing something simple like sausage and peppers or do a rack of ribs to get in a last minute practice cook but figured the creative people on this board would have some good suggestions.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Ribeyes!!!!

You cooking at Kennesaw this weekend?

Come on over and visit. We'll be flying the Brethren Banner!

Oh...and we'll actually be serving BBQ Friday...not ribeyes...because we invited a few family and friends over and they EXPECT bbq from us...ugh!

I like to cook up some italian sausage, out of the casing. Add to it a can of fire roasted tomatoes, a jar of green chile's (you can substitute a can or Rotell) an 8 oz brick of cream cheese and season with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, some green herbs. Cook it until the cheese melts and it's creamy and eat it as a dip with some scoops. Makes a great late night snack also!

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Friday- bar for 'dinner'
Sat. - leftover NEBS grub
Past Sat was pizza, ABT's and salmon

ashkickinq

If Steph or Shane are there - I bake a Lasagna. If not, very little. Maybe a sandwich from a local restaurant. Granola bar for breakfast unless Dennis Keck is there, then he cooks. Lunch - Yuck, nothing. Stuffed with BBQ. Dinner is usually while driving home - generally a milk shake.

Believe me, it's APPRECIATED!!! However........granola????? Bleccchh!

We also do ribeyes. Seems to be our good luck charm. We also have done grilled pizza, low country boil, pork chops and eat local sometimes.

We usually do rib eyes, but since the chefs choice is often Friday night, we have the leftover shrimp or crab cakes.

Jimmy Deans Breakfast Sandwiches. Wrap them in foil and throw them on the smoker for 20 minutes. The breakfast of champions!

Regardless of how the comp goes I think we will be eating good this weekend.
Decided we will do some sausage and dogs-in-hog (bo_gators post intrigued me), some ABTs for snacking and Ribeyes for dinner, with a scrambled egg stuffed fatty for breakfast.

If any of you are cooking in Kennesaw this weekend stop on by would love to meet face to face.

Phil

Lots of Pot lucks here. Some of my favorites:

Jay's (Otis and the Bird) fried chicken
Harry's (Slap Yo Daddy) Seared Ahi Tuna
Sterling's (Big Poppa Smokers) Pulled Pork Sliders (love the Wagyu steaks but those sliders? Damn!)

Back