Favorite pork rub?

I'm Simple: Ribs- 2/3 Coarse Black Pepper to 1/3 Kosher Salt. (By weight)
Pork Butt- Just Kosher Salt

Here’s what I remember from it, so maybe something in the same vein:

The usuals (salt, sugar, garlic, black pepper)
Cinnamon
Cumin
Turmeric
Ginger
Celery seed

I think there were 1 or 2 more ingredients, but I don’t remember what. It had a hint of spiciness, but it may have been from fresh ground pepper.

Some good quality Hungarian paprika in healthy doses would be a great addition to that for color and hint of roasted peppers. Mustard powder and achiote would be good adds too.

Nothing ever can go wrong with using coarse sea salt or kosher, some coarse black pepper and a little granulated garlic. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why people buy sale and pepper rubs.

For commercial, you really cannot go wrong with killer hogs The BBQ rub. If I had to choose 1 rub for the rest of my BBQ life, this would be it. Other favorites are Oakridge habanero death dust, Meat Church Voodoo and Kosmos Cow Cover. All unique but have their place in my spice rack.

I like Porkmafia Memphis Mud on ribs.

My friend just became a distributor for them. Love the Bistecmafia for Tex-Mex-ish flavor. The sample bbq sauce he had was good, too. And I'm not much of a sauce guy.

I like paying $20 a lb for salt and sugar with a nice sticker on it :eyeroll

Joking. If the first two ingredients are salt or sugar I move on to the next one.

It's been a long time since I purchased rubs but, Plowboys Yardbird was one

I seem to be in minority, but I find it too salty

PlowBoys Yardbird.

I do too.

I have always used Plowboys Yardbird and loved it. I have however found the last butts were rather salty also. Not sure if my taste buds have changed or what. Going to try Oakridge SPOGOS on the next one.

Back