FATTY success !!!!

Michigan BBQ Fan

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Scott
I've made a few "basic" fatties in the past. Just a simple...open the chubby...rub it...smoke it...sauce it...eat it. They have been good, but I decided to up my game this weekend and stuff a fatty for the first time ever.

I sorted out all of the ingredients I thought would go good in a fatty, sorted through some tips from the Brethren, and I dove right in.

I made three different stuffed fatties....

2ith7d4.jpg

Basic Pork Sausage (Aldi house brand)
Sautéed Baby Bella mushrooms
Green Onion
Cream Cheese (whipped)

jjnt3r.jpg

33axjz6.jpg

HOT Pork Sausage (Meijer house brand)
Tomatoes & Green Chilis (canned)
Chili Garlic Sauce (you know...the Rooster)
Mexican Four Cheese (shredded)
Chipotles in Adobo Sauce

az80ok.jpg

33f8bxh.jpg

Basic Pork Sausage (Aldi house brand)
Salami & Colby Jack Cheese (shredded)

And, maybe the BEST part...
#2 & #3 were wrapped with a BACON WEAVE
!?!?!...umm....YEAH...?!?!

jt01tl.jpg

Big THANKS to Brethren here for the zip-lock bag tips on preparing the rolls.
https://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/how-to-roll-a-fattie/

Rubbed the outsides with a bit of Wanted Rubs Sweet Heat BBQ Rub...

5wr3s.jpg

Smoked for about 2 hours at around 280+ on WSM till internal temp was around 280.

Bit of homemade KC style sauce at the end...

2eklkeh.jpg

End result = AMAZING. Made some killer pulled pork but the talk of Memorial Day was the fabulous fatties. The one with the cream cheese was my favorite but the "hot" one packed a punch that was spicy yet delightful.

ok1nco.jpg

And now...I'm hooked! Bring on the next fatty challenge!
Happy Smokin'

I discovered those Aldi's Appleton sausages several months ago. Can't beat the price and they cook up great for me. Done them naked as well as stuffed. My kids devour them and they are always a hit. Did several yesterday on my Kettle.

Love that last pic. Looks great!!

That's a great presentation. I also use Aldi for the majority of my food. I use a lot of their sausage, but just wish it had a bit more flavor. I even have some breakfast sausage seasoning that I'll add to it.

I like the way the Aldi sausage came out. In the past I've use Meijer house brand or Tennessee Pride. Often I'm a "whatever is on sale" kinda guy.

Back