THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Griz

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
I thought I would try to do something a little different over the weekend. I started by making a fatty with Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese...

20140901_140531_resized.jpg

And one with pepperoni, philly steak, grilled onions/peppers/garlic, and cheddar cheese.

20140901_141940.jpg

One the smoker (I was using pecan) along with a chub of bologna.

20140901_172751.jpg

When they were done, I rolled out some pizza dough, sprinkled more mozzarella cheese on the dough, centered the fatty, and added some more cheese.

20140901_205230.jpg

I then sealed the whole fatty in dough an it went into the oven (not the prettiest but turned out good)...

20140901_205238.jpg

Once the dough was done, I sliced it and covered each slice with pizza sauce and more mozzarella cheese.

20140901_214156.jpg

The family really loved them and finished both off. Next time I will allow more time for the fatties to cool a little bit before trying to wrap them in the pizza dough. With them still being pretty warm when I did it, the dough got pretty soft and wouldn't form right. :doh:

Looks great! I've become a big fan of wrapping my Q in some pizza dough or pasta dough for an alternative to the ordinary Q meal. Love it looks great!

My wife makes a pretty good Stromboli. Have to try your twist on it next time the smoker is fired up!
Thanks for the idea!!

Back