Fatties Help

These do not really need much extra seasoning

Bigdog said:
Ataboy Wayne, keep it simple.

There are cooks that are a whole lot smarter than me that have come up with the seasonings in these brands of sausage. I just figure that I don't need to add to their best efforts.

If I'm not smoking a Bob Evens or Jimmy Dean Maple fatty, I'm rolling my own. Local independent grocier makes his own kick ass bulk breakfast sausage. Just roll it up to "fatty" size and smoke away. Another trick I like is to crush up a bunch of tabasco flavor Cheez Its or hot wing and blue cheese flavored Twisters then roll the fatty in the crumbs before you put it in the smoker.

Wayne said:
There are cooks that are a whole lot smarter than me that have come up with the seasonings in these brands of sausage. I just figure that I don't need to add to their best efforts.

Dittos Wayne, dittos.

puff said:
Hey cabo,us beloved yankees can still make some kick ass bbq! I learned from you southern boys, through books, t.v. and the like. I'd love ta' have ya' up here to michigan anytime!!!:roll:

Being a southerner in NY (mind you ah said Southerner not Dang Southerner) it is snowing cold ugly gray wet did I mention cold and I am ready to find a burger stand in the south. I'M COLD:eek: Resist the urge cabo until spring (June or July)GGGRRRR BBBBRRRR GRiN

The_Kapn said:
We really don't have a definitive "Brethren Dictionary".....yet :-D

TIM

We probably need one for newcomers though! There is a FAQ that explains a few of them that I found helpful.

CharlieBeasley said:
Being a southerner in NY (mind you ah said Southerner not Dang Southerner) it is snowing cold ugly gray wet did I mention cold and I am ready to find a burger stand in the south. I'M COLD:eek: Resist the urge cabo until spring (June or July)GGGRRRR BBBBRRRR GRiN

There's just something special about having to shovel a path through the snow to your smoker so you can add some more wood to the fire at 3:30 AM because you need to maintain temps for your brisket, butts, ribs and fatties. Sure beats trying to relight a chimney of Kingsford with 25 mph winds whipping off Lake Michigan and -30* wind chill factor.

Neil said:
There's just something special about having to shovel a path through the snow to your smoker so you can add some more wood to the fire at 3:30 AM because you need to maintain temps for your brisket, butts, ribs and fatties. Sure beats trying to relight a chimney of Kingsford with 25 mph winds whipping off Lake Michigan and -30* wind chill factor.
This my friends is what seperates the men from the boys. For those of you who haven't felt that type of cold, I refere to it as crack cold, because even all of the cracks on your body get cold.:eek:

Dog this boy dont hunt and Neil I like reading and I could see you as a writer. I feel as though I really would enjoy the seen you provided and then I wake up and close the book wake to the Tiki bar on the beach and get a nice scotch look around the beach is covered with scantly clad (wrong thread) but you get my point. Thanks for the moment though I really needed it! GRiN

Back