Fattie Piston

Yes!!!! I will be employing a brand new Fattie Piston or three for the 4th of July for sure. Should finish nice on the Traeger...Great idea..Why does my brain not work like that?

Thanks so much

Hey thanks for all the great fattie piston comments and support. I haven’t been able to post for a few days. I’m glad you guys like it…it would take quite few years of me posting good ideas for to make up for the knowledge I have gained from the Brethren in the last few months. Before I came here I didn’t know what a fattie was. Now I know about fatties, Moink, and Piggles!
I love bubbachuck’s idea of making preformed logs and freezing them to keep on hand.
And Barbarian’s idea of using PVC end caps defiantly would be superior to the saran wrap.
With such a great response I’m tempted to start up small scale production of fattie pistons.
I look forward to seeing some pics of fatties you guys make with your’s and hear about any mods and improvements.
~~Grillinski

This idea may go down in the books right between Ely Whitney's cotton gin, and the Wright bro's airplane :-D

Fattie Pistons

2" PVC 10" in length with 2" knockout caps for ends and a dowel held with epoxy to another knokout cap with the lip trimmed off for the piston. Plus the 4th of July Fatties. Stuffed with goodies sooooo easy to prepare.

All Thanks to the Great Grillinski!!!!!

fpiston.jpg

fp2.jpg

Love you man!

Last edited:
2" PVC 10" in length with 2" knockout caps for ends and a dowel held with epoxy to another knokout cap with the lip trimmed off for the piston. Plus the 4th of July Fatties. Stuffed with goodies sooooo easy to prepare.

All Thanks to the Great Grillinski!!!!!

fpiston.jpg

fp2.jpg

Love you man!

HA! That's wild.....I made some pistons last week too (after Grillinski's post) and used the exact same design! I just didn't bother to glue the shaft to the piston "head". I used 1 1/2" x 6" tubes, though. Found a big steel washer at the big box store that fit snuggly into the test cap, then broke off the rims on the test cap!

Thanks Grillinski.....great idea. I'll use this again.....my fatties turned out great too!

yep 10" was probably a bit much. PVC came no smaller than a 2 foot section at my Lowe's. I probably should have cut it into THREE 8" fattie pistons. Standard pack of sausage would probably cover 8" easier. At 10" I had to add a little extra sausage to get full fattie coverage. 2" X 10" just makes for a HUGE fattie. I did ponder the 1.5" PVC but at the last minute settled on 2". Oh it's time to hit the gym!

that is cool will try that and man them fatties look great

I was able to use some 2" aluminum barrel material from an air cylinder that was scrapped in our cylinder repair shop. It already has the 2" aluminum piston on a 3/4" chrome rod. All i had to do was cut it down to 8" length and remove the viton seals. We scrap quite a few of these cylinders, so let me know if you are interested and i might be able to hook you up if you are not in a hurry.

out-farking-standing!!!!

i am gonna have to make one of these..... now-ish.... or maybe by the weekend.

i have some of the uninitiated coming over for a UDS training session as i am selling UDS 1.0 to a buddy........ nothing like a fatty to grease the skids....

again, farking brilliant....

cheers,

scott

Ok Ok, it's time for me to addmit my sin of ignorance............. in shame I confess that although I had heard the term "FATTY" I wasnt sure what it was and I have never had one either... But after your picks you can bet your fatty that I am dang sure making em... they look great!!!!!!! and your PVC step forward for mankind has just eased the process!!!!! Thanks thats awesome!!!!

Brilliant idea really and truly.

Please keep in mind not all plastic is food-grade or food safe especially when handling hot foods.
More so when used to handle hot foods that will cool in contact with the plastic pipe.
Make sure whatever pipe you use to build your "Grillinski Fattie Piston" is safe and FDA approved for food.
Your family is worth it!
As well the surface of the disk that makes the piston head should be made of an FDA approved material for food processing.
Plywood is durable but best left for the roof of a house or underlayment for a floor.

But the idea is brilliant really and truly.
Can't wait to get my own "Grillinski Fattie Piston" into action.

Brilliant idea really and truly.

Please keep in mind not all plastic is food-grade or food safe especially when handling hot foods.
More so when used to handle hot foods that will cool in contact with the plastic pipe.
Make sure whatever pipe you use to build your "Grillinski Fattie Piston" is safe and FDA approved for food.
Your family is worth it!
As well the surface of the disk that makes the piston head should be made of an FDA approved material for food processing.
Plywood is durable but best left for the roof of a house or underlayment for a floor.

But the idea is brilliant really and truly.
Can't wait to get my own "Grillinski Fattie Piston" into action.

Well there went my idea... back to the drawing board.

dream slasher!!! just sayin..

LOL jk

Simply brilliant! I'll be making one tomorrow.
I'm thinking to maybe steal the plunger off a caulking gun for mine...

Back