THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

couple more pics

Ok, Ribs took a total of almost 4 hrs. 3 on the UDS, at 250*, 1 foiled- on high heat, cranked it up to about 350*(cracked open lid). How did it come out? It wasn't comp. ribs thats for sure!, but good, my family liked it!:p Left it a little too long in foil, almost falling off the bone. Smoke flavor could have been better, a small smoke ring, equaled small smoke flavor. Not sure why..Thanks everyone for your help...will plan better next time and start earlier!:rolleyes:

Attachments

way to go keale great looking foods, wish i could reach out and touch those ribs. keep on smokin', man am i hungry.:-D:cool:

Looks Good enough to eat, and eat and eat!!

I have been using a piece of Cherry in my offset for a long time..

Those darn taters were just to hard to eat!

heres why little smoke ring, littrel smoke flavor.

theory is that meat stops taking on smoke at 140*

the longer the meat stays below that temp, the more time the smoke has to penetrate and do its thing.

cooking at higher temps make that < 140 degree window shorter, so less smokes absorbed, so less smokey flavor, and smaller smoke ring.

I cook whole chickens at 325-350 sometimes.
I consider that wood roasting, not BBQ and it still comes out awesome. You can taste the wood flavor, but very little smoke and very little pink(smoke ring).

:)

Great looking spread. Any leftovers?

Yep!!, having them in a few minutes!:p Thanks for all the help, and compliments.

heres why little smoke ring, littrel smoke flavor.

theory is that meat stops taking on smoke at 140*

the longer the meat stays below that temp, the more time the smoke has to penetrate and do its thing.

cooking at higher temps make that < 140 degree window shorter, so less smokes absorbed, so less smokey flavor, and smaller smoke ring.

I cook whole chickens at 325-350 sometimes.
I consider that wood roasting, not BBQ and it still comes out awesome. You can taste the wood flavor, but very little smoke and very little pink(smoke ring).

Thanks Poobah for that info, I thought maybe the UDS was at too high a temp/

Great looking grub Keale. I know it's to late to help you, but the quickest way to cook ribs is to boil them for an hour then spread some Kraft sauce on them and then place them over a hot grill to get some grill marks on them. They shouldn't be on the grill for more than a minute or two. We wouldn't want to take away any of the boiled in goodness.

Back