Fab b,p vs Bucther

If I do... and I am not saying I ever did... but I did like the results when I did. but i never did...

I use an injection you can neither make up or buy and that the 12 of us swore we would never reveal at a Denton team meeting back in 1993. In fact... I swore to murder anyone that used it that I found out about or even thought might have stumbled across the concept at any tasting or competition.

Plan on injecting brisket and butts which brand do you use? For those who have tried both which one do you like best?

If I do... and I am not saying I ever did... but I did like the results when I did. but i never did...

I use an injection you can neither make up or buy and that the 12 of us swore we would never reveal at a Denton team meeting back in 1993. In fact... I swore to murder anyone that used it that I found out about or even thought might have stumbled across the concept at any tasting or competition.

Now thats some great advice.

BAM,
Glad you asked that question. I think its great when newbies want help to make the right choice. You can see from the response that most are using Butcher, but I would not take their word for it.

I would look at the Grand Champion list for this year and see how many of the 2009 GC'sare using Butcher. (at lest in the midwest and southwest the answer is clear.) Then order both and make your own decision.

Merl

For those of you who used Butcher's on pork, did you buy the separate pork injection? Or just use the brisket one? Is there much difference? I have the brisket injection. Thanks

I have never used butchers before so I have no review. I have used FAB for the last year and my results are much much better. I would not fix it if it is not broken.

For those of you who used Butcher's on pork, did you buy the separate pork injection? Or just use the brisket one? Is there much difference? I have the brisket injection. Thanks
I used the butchers brisket injection on pork and the results were not good

The flavor profile is different in each product. That is why there are two different products.

The Butcher products are intended to not mark the meats and to enhance the flavors not change the flavors.

Merl

I have used both products... The end of last year I switched to Butchers products and seem to get a more consistent result. Butchers products seem to "enhance" the meat more rather than try to change the flavor profile, with the FAB products. (IMHO)

Both are good products, I just think the Butchers products work better for our team's flavor profiles... I would suggest you try a little of both and see what works best for y'all...

BAM,
Glad you asked that question. I think its great when newbies want help to make the right choice. You can see from the response that most are using Butcher, but I would not take their word for it.

I would look at the Grand Champion list for this year and see how many of the 2009 GC'sare using Butcher. (at lest in the midwest and southwest the answer is clear.) Then order both and make your own decision.

Merl

Well, now that isn't really fair... Isn't that where all the contests have been so far? :icon_shy I know of a 1st place brisket at a certain contest in Indio California that used Fab and took home $1000 because of it... :twisted:

I am looking forward to trying both (just ordered both a couple days ago). I have been using something I found locally, but the results vary from great to not all that good. I thought it was me at first. I kept notes and realized I was doing everything the same, but the results were not the same. I am glad to hear that you can get some consistent results from the Butchers.

I've tried both and to be honest, wasn't all that impressed with either... Does that mean that I'll never inject with one of them? No.

In general, I have not found a need to inject but times (and flavor profiles) do...

Well, now that isn't really fair... Isn't that where all the contests have been so far? :icon_shy I know of a 1st place brisket at a certain contest in Indio California that used Fab and took home $1000 because of it... :twisted:

Hummm Who could that have been?

Gosh Scottie I was using my best political speach. I said look at all the GC's, see what they use, then order both and make your own choice. Should I have said more?

One 1st place in Indio is not all its cracked up to be. What did the double GC at indio use. I think it was not the same as yours.
Merl

Gosh Scottie I was using my best political speach. I said look at all the GC's, see what they use, then order both and make your own choice. Should I have said more?

One 1st place in Indio is not all its cracked up to be. What did the double GC at indio use. I think it was not the same as yours.
Merl

My first thought was that most people who win GCs regularly are going to produce a better brisket more consistently than most teams even without the injection so that's not a good way to base your choice. Secondly, I'd be surprised if most champions would even tell you what they use.

Merl

OK... You got me... You did say GC's... I can't help it the judging and repping has been terrible,.... :shock:

***Yes I am kidding with a friend.....

We use both Butchers' products, and am very pleased with the product and customer service. Both times I have placed an order online I recieved it within two days.

We use both Butchers' products, and am very pleased with the product and customer service. Both times I have placed an order online I recieved it within two days.

Then it is safe to say that both the GC and RGC at the 2009 Great Pork BarBeQlossal used Butcher BBQ pork marinades. :biggrin: This was the first year we used the pork marinade on our hog (3rd place) and loin (7th place). We'd NEVER placed in loin at the Qlossal until this year.

Back