ezup question

Thanks guys. Funny thing, I had emailed Quikshade after I bought the thing and they said they don't make sidepanels for the 12x12. I searched all over and finally gave up. I guess they changed their mind cause I have some in the mail.

SpyderMike, I have never used an EZ Up so don't really know how they compare. I've got two Quickshades (8x8 and 12x12) and they're just alright. We are having a Hercules donated so I want to see just how hard it is to put up and down. Definitely sturdier.

The Quikshades are easy to get up and down but they're lightweight. We snapped two of the legs in a heavy storm and I know a lot of folks here have completely trashed theirs in wind and rain.

They are also water resistant, not water proof so you'll probably have some leaks (especially when water starts pooling on the roof). I think someone suggested spraying the canopy with waterproof spray which I'll probably do next time I put it up.

one thing i'd like to point out.. the hercules and ezus with the poly covers(fabric) will leak in rain storms.

the 10x20 pole tents, may be a little more work to set up, but besids the 9-10 foot ceilings, they are completly waterproof inside, even in heavy downpours. Add the walls and your snug as a bug in a firebox.

BBQchef33 said:
one thing i'd like to point out.. the hercules and ezus with the poly covers(fabric) will leak in rain storms.

the 10x20 pole tents, may be a little more work to set up, but besids the 9-10 foot ceilings, they are completly waterproof inside, even in heavy downpours. Add the walls and your snug as a bug in a firebox.

Sure--
But then, comfort is totally overrated!
Next, you are gonna get a FEC so you can get some rest :lol:

I have a "free" Quick Shade. Just had to fix it with a nail.
Keeps the sun and rain off--in a small area.
Easy to set up and take down--kinda.
Adds interesting colors to our presentations.

Buy what you can afford and go from there. Start simple and move up is the best I can offer.

Good luck,

TIM

I use two 10 x10's One over the pit, one over the burners on the nose of the pit serves as the prep area (kitchen.) I gap them about 2' at the stack to allow draft. Best product on the market! Be certain to go online at their site and buy some extra screws and hardware. They tend to fall out and disappar with alot of use. Woody

I like to use two 10x10 ez-up brand (very important-good quality) for cookoffs. When it is time to go home they are easy to take down. Its usually My wife the dog and I. The dog generally provides no help come take down time.

Sledneck said:
I have cheap 10 x 10 pole tents from maces that blow away with wind, adds to the excitement
Now that is funny.:lol:

Take brother Wayne's advice. He comps. a lot out here in the Midwest where the wind really blows (some say it sucks:shock: ). Just ask him what happens when you get a micro burst.:oops: The walls sound like a good idea too.

Not a fan of putting two units together. Leak in middle is no fun.:cry:

And Phil had a great suggestion of getting one that is heavy enough to be rain proof. I assume that Wayne has the rain proof one.

Back