Contest Results Excelsior Springs, MO--BBQ on the River Fly-In

Next Year's Winner will be there. This will be our first trip to Excelsior. We are lookin' forward to it. I'm have'n withdrawls. Our last contest was in June. I hope I can remember how it's done.

Last year it was open and you could put it on whatever you wanted HOWEVER make sure you cut out the number from the styro and put it on there or you'll have to go back to your spot to get it.

So how is the payout for this contest? Do they payout the top 10, 5, 3?? We're already in but most contests let us know what to expect if we were lucky enough to get a call in something.

BBQ2!
We'll be there -- as (as usual) the ...
last.
team.
in.:icon_bugeyed

Good luck everyone. See ya at the cook's mtg!

Overall:
1 HOLY SMOKE BBQ
2 R BUTTS R SMOKIN
3 JEANIES GOT WOOD
4 SMOKEHOUSE 72
5 IOWA SMOKEY Ds BBQ
6 MUNCHIN HOGS @ THE HILTO
7 LETS KICK SOME ASH
8 PELLET ENVY
9 THE SLABS.COM
10 WHISKEY WOMEN & WIBS

Congrats to all who got calls...

Some prenty strong Iowa representation from Ray and Jay:eusa_clap

Hope Smokehouse got the Northern Missouri champ. They were 5th in St Joe and 4th here. Good job guys.

Congratulations to "R-Butts-R-Smokin" on your Reserve Championship win! :eusa_clap Congrats to all other brethren who got calls as well! We were on the other side of the fence as judges for this one. Lots of great entries judged at my table. Good job guys & gals!

Nope. Didn't get it. Got RCG.

Paid OK but not the 1500 JP custom smoke got.

We beat them by 18 points so we thought we had a good chance.
Still a good job out of you guys and something you can be proud of.

Now that I'm not so tired, I'll post more today.

This was a great, well run contest. The spaces were tight to get into if you don't get there early,(note for next year). We were in the downtown area and could walk up to get pizza at Ryans Pizza or head to Ray's Diner. All in walking distance.
The bands were awesome and we had great nieghbors in Phil and Linda (Smokin Guns) and Betty and Mike(Pig Newton).

KC_Bobby and his dog Newman stopped out Friday night to hang with us. Thanks for stopping by Bob. Always good to see you.

Getting 4th overall and Reserve Grand Champ in the Northern Missouri Championship was icing on the cake.

Nope. Didn't get it. Got RCG.

Paid OK but not the 1500 JP custom smoke got.

We beat them by 18 points so we thought we had a good chance.

We needed a 20.57 or better to take the GC. Came close, but this blind squirell will have to wait a little longer to eat. Congrats to all brothers, it was a very nice weekend and great contest. Just wish they would pay back to 10.

Congrats to all other Brethren who got calls and did well.
Sounds like a fun contest!

Back