Ever had a Teres Major Steak? Warning, Grill Pr0n!

I believe it is equivalent to the money muscle we slice for our competition pork. I see them when cooking whole chuck roll but haven’t tried to extract one yet. It is now on my list of things to try.

thanks for the idea grillinfool. any other suggestions to flavorize it other than andria's?

I jerked one of them. It was fantastic.

You could add flavor with plain butter or a compound butter added at the end.

Go Asian and hit it with a little teryaki.

Worcestershire, garlic, onion, butter, reduction?

Wrap around the edge with a couple slices of bacon like a filet? Make sure to have lots of toothpicks!

Red wine, butter, rosemary, garlic?

Onions, portabellas, butter, teryaki? I just did this recently. AWesome. Documented it. Even though it was on the stove, I felt it still fits the theme of my blog...

No doubt. Photo work was excellent, too

Thanks. That's very much a work in process. The hardest part of the whole blog thing is the photography by far. First thing is a DSLR is a must OR fantastic lighting. The problem is that flashes are terrible for food pictures. Washes it out. And even if you have a DSLR, you have to have an external flash that can be angled away from the food and bounced off a wall or the ceiling.

The other key I call quality through quantity. For every picture that makes the site, a dozen don't.

Looks great, bet it tastes even better.
As Abel said above, it sounds like this cut is akin to the money muscle of the cow.

Well the Flat Iron is now selling at $6.99/# at my Kroger's. Ever since I first discovered it, it was priced at $3.99/#, and it is a very tender cut, and in my opinion is better than a Ribeye. But if this Teres Major is a part of the Flat Iron, or vice versa, I know I'd like it. I bet its more pricey.

According to beef tenderness ranking the various cuts of meat the Flat iron is supposed to be more tender than the Teres Major. I could believe that but can't compare it, since Ive never had any Teres Major. Here is the article link to the tenderness rankings.
http://www.agrireseau.qc.ca/bovinsboucherie/documents/Ranking of Beef Muscles for Tenderness.pdf

Back