ET732.. good or hyped up.

Oaky Doaky.
The orders been placed, 5-O made special payment plans to keep the old trouble and strife happy and the money got shoved through the conputa to him yesterday. Within the day we had a tracking number.... talk about great service:thumb:. Unfortunatly the order grew a bit ... dang it al that 5-O has got a neat shop. Y'all are lucky having such great shops on the same continent.

Now its all up to USPS:pray:.Lets hope Cliffy knows that he has to stop at mainland New Zealand and not just fly over to the West Island and leave it there... some of the grandsons of convicts and sheep shaggers will pinch it if thats the case.

I've filled the old girl in on all the specs and read out all your positive feedback and she is just sitting mouth ajar with excitement:bored:. Can you imagine how orgasmicly happy she will be when she gets to actually touch my new thermometer and the other stuff....

Now I think I will go and liberate an oil drum from work for a flash UDS to upgrade from my existing kiwi redneck special. Nothing but the best for my new gear.

No mention of a second hand ECB so far!

See ya soon
Muzza.

Thanks Mate! I tossed something special inside for you.

If you're lucky it will be the Outlaw BBQ sauce that they make at 5-0. I usually make my own BBQ sauce, but since I tried their sauce, I always try to have a bottle in my fridge. Very good stuff!

New Zealand, do the batteries have to go in backwards? What about the display; isn't it upside down?

Been a long day here...

I have multiple et73's, I really like them.

One good thing about your US dollar diving downwards.... ours is actually worth something. So I'm looking at getting a thermometer coz they arnt avaliable here in N.Z.

1/Any of the bretheren sell them ? I cant bring it back easy and so gotta trust someone on the deal and who better than a bretheren. I dont want to get Wenzeled.
2/Are they really as good as the hype?

Heck if your dollar keeps sinking like the 'titanic I might even cut loose with the credit card and get an ECB like that darned ozzy tried to.. but one thing at a time.

Really, you're happy that our economy is down?? Great, I bet you hope americans lose thousands of more jobs so you can satisfy your bbq related needs.

“Really, you're happy that our economy is down?? Great, I bet you hope americans lose thousands of more jobs so you can satisfy your bbq related needs.”

Smooth smoke… Maybe you have confused my joy of our dollar actually being worth something for once with the actual effect of the falling US $$$ on American citizens. I am not pleased that any worker in the western world is laid off… I only hope that politicians around the world will look at the current financial crisis and learn from it so that it is not repeated in the future. ALL the worlds politicians have been spending up like drunken sailors on shore leave with money they don’t have to buy votes and keep themselves in luxury for another term. They will try to blame everyone else but unfortunately their pigeons are coming home to roost. Generals may win battles but it’s the grunts on the front line that get killed… we will all suffer/pay for their stupidity. We are all in it together. Sadly I doubt they will learn and thus we are doomed to repeat it in about 15 years.

Y,all have no idea how frustratin it is to look in the catalogues and see all the neat things available to you in the U.S.A., but to be unable to afford to purchase what y’all take for granted. Not only was the dollar exchange rate crap but then the Postal department did away with the sea freight parcel post and bills everything at airmail rates… many times I pay more for freight than for the goods. Hopefully you will now understand and excuse my joy at the current situation. I repeat it is not meant to be offensive, just gallows humour.

If, on the other hand your tongue is wedged firmly in your cheek as mine most of the time…..
no worries mate, anything for some decent gear, heck you know anyone got a 2nd hand ECB going real cheap....

Maybe I will be able to afford to come back and see some more of the great U.S. and eat more BBQ, would also like to explore the southern states for more culinary delights… oh and shooting ground squirrels in Monterey CA ….. man that is the best fun y’all can have with your pants on!

Lake Dogs;
No the chineese speshily make the clocks for southern hemisphere so no issue. What is a PITA though is the vacuum dunnys. We have to keep the lid shut at all times (xcept when in use!) coz if there is a power cut or sumsuch everything floats out… We don’t have the bowl full with water like y’all does, It’d go everywhere… That’s something I couldn’t get used to when I was touring. I’d need to get the cistern plugged up to the hot tap so the water was warm but luckily the bowl is pretty deep. Did you know that when they wanted to design the sucky dunnys on the first 747 in the late 60’s Boeing came down here and pinched southern hemisphere technology.

Maybe we should open a stereotype busting post on the woodpile.

Last edited:
Geeze guys, lets not get your undies all bunched up in a wad! Lighten up! Or like Murray said, take a trip to the Woodpile.

I had a long day at the Police Department today and then was at the store and helped some nice people with a Primo XL sale. :wink: So I have not been on-line much today.

I now get on and see all these great things that people are saying about me and the Store. Thanks Chef Jim and mrcranky! I get all the way to the bottom and this thread went crazy. What happened to all the love :hug:..lol

Since the beginning of the year I have been working with my new Mate Adie Platts from Bite The Bullet BBQ over in the UK. Hell the guy loves BBQ so much he bought a Jambo, he calls it a "Jombo".
226768_210064449015737_100000365500653_648186_5674674_n.jpg

Guys you dont know how fortunate you are to have the ability to get what you need easily. I know how Murray feels. Adie had a hell of a time finding a source for foil pans. Yes FOIL PANS the crappy little pans that we take for granted. I have been helping Adie and other members of the British BBQ Society get what they need because there is little source of supply for these items over there.

The last box that went to Adie was 30 lbs and $109.00 to ship. Could you imagine how much that would be with a stronger dollar. He may not have been able to afford some of the cool stuff we like. Plus to top off the shipping rate the Brits like to charge a little extra to their people in the form of VAT (Value Added Tax) and it is not cheap.

Could we please go back to saying how wonderful I am. ONLY KIDDING

Steve... you got it in one.
We also have our own version of VAT called Goods and Services Tax or GST. It also stands for Grab Snatch and Take or Govenrment Stealing Tactics. It applys on the whole amount to anything imported over $500.00 NZ .. wich is real easy to do when Cabalas have a season end sale. That was US$326 including airfreight a few months ago!

At least weve got tinfoil pans... $10:00 each so I reuse the heck outa them..... trying to work out how to solder the holes in the bottom up:crazy:

Anyway... is the front/jockey wheel on the Jambo a double one, my screen is dying so cant see it closely... thats a lovely piece of equipment right there and a double jockey wheel would make manouvering it awesomely easy.

I think its up to me to introduce low n slow to N.Z. so that I can share the yummyness with others. Does the Jambo builder want to ship a freebee one out here so that I can use it as a sales demonstator?

Anyone know of or heard from any other pharkers in N.Z.???

C U L8R
Muzza

Back