eggers answer

Good point... I hadn't thought of that...

Until you see a properly tightned band with the deflected bolt and all, its hard to believe that you have to get them that tight. I recall stories of dealers delivering Eggs without the bands tight enough.......

I read in the BGE Archives of people using 3M double sided automotive tape on the bands to keep them from slipping. FYI for anyone having that problem.

That's the first time I've seen this type of locking hinge. My BGE came with the style I showed on my Sakura Kamado. I was able to used them on the Chinese K with longer bolts, when I upgraded to the spring assist hinge.

Until you see a properly tightned band with the deflected bolt and all, its hard to believe that you have to get them that tight. I recall stories of dealers delivering Eggs without the bands tight enough.......
Rick had me check mine... It's torqued tight...

Rick had me check mine... It's torqued tight...

bend yer bolts fellas! this is my medium egg and these bolts are bent the least of my three eggs

springbandboltbend.jpg

It looks like the bolt flips over on top of the base and creates a space between the lid and the bast when closed. Why you would want this is beyond me, but looks like the design is to flip over.

I wish I could still get a "locking" model. My spring "assist" just barely keeps the lid open. If it's windy, I have to jam a block of wood in the hinge to keep it from falling.

I wish I could still get a "locking" model. My spring "assist" just barely keeps the lid open. If it's windy, I have to jam a block of wood in the hinge to keep it from falling.

is yer hinge upside down?

Back