Easy Corned Beef Hash Hack

MisterChrister

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I love corned beef hash, and it's a great way to use up the last of my homemade corned beef! Unfortunately, I hate messing with the potatoes. They take forever to get as crispy as I like, they stick to the pan (unless you use a ton of oil (or bacon grease :grin:), and without a Blackstone, it's difficult to make enough for a big crowd. These are all challenges that one can overcome, but that takes some effort that I really don't care to expend on a lazy Saturday morning!

Just pop a big tray of seasoned french fries into the oven to cook while you prep and brown the veggies and meat. Chop up the crispy fries and throw 'em in the skillet with their friends to get happy for a minute. Move the party to one side of the skillet, and do some over-easy/medium eggs on the other side. Voila!

OJ1Yc0Jl.jpg

n84odDml.jpg

zob3mJLl.jpg

^^^^We have 5 kids at home still, no room for a Blackstone, dude!^^^^

If I ever upgrade my gasser, I may get a heavy stainless flat-top griddle for it though.

5 kids demands a blackstone. Pancakes and bacon by the truckload. Grilled cheese. Taco night. Fajitas. Steak and cheese sandwich’s. Quesadilla. Fried rice.

The kids practically beg for me to use it to cook.

Where in the land of cheese do you live?

5 kids demands a blackstone. Pancakes and bacon by the truckload. Grilled cheese. Taco night. Fajitas. Steak and cheese sandwich’s. Quesadilla. Fried rice.

The kids practically beg for me to use it to cook.

Where in the land of cheese do you live?

I don't disagree that it would be nice, but our house just doesn't have a great "just outside the kitchen area" to set one up right now, and it would be a PITA, trust me.

Outside of Madison a little ways.

I dice up potatoes like I am making home fries. Put them on a sheet pan. Pour in some olive oil, or veg. oil. Add some diced onion. Season with salt, pepper, and a little granulated garlic. Toss it all together, and spread out in a thin layer. Bake in 400 oven for about 45 mins. flip half way thru. Tastes as good almost as good as skillet potatoes, but a lot easier. The longer it bakes, the crispier it gets.

Back