Easy Bake, yes thank you very much!

Papa Don

is one Smokin' Farker
I’ve heard pellet grills referred to as Easy Bake Ovens. After yesterday I can only say “easy” is completely true. As you get older holding on to your man card gets tougher for some of us. Now that my first long cook on a pellet grill is done, you can have my card!!
Through the years I’ve cooked old school, it’s very fun but not sustainable for a big man like me.
I placed the meat on the pooper at 10pm and didn’t even go outside until 8:30am the next day. I dug up my old roll of butcher paper and wrapped the brisket. I came so close to using my leftover fat trimmings, tallow. (Maybe next time-not saying no) {get off my lawn!-you funny pharker!}.
I’m in love with BBQ all over again. The light kiss of smoke is perfect for the family and me.
Not regretting my path one bit.

Attachments

• 0E45D289-1BA8-4442-91A8-52FEA57D16A9.jpg
    0E45D289-1BA8-4442-91A8-52FEA57D16A9.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Looks like a successful cook.
I agree, the older ya get, the easier ya want it.

Looks great. I got mine for the exact same reason. My 225 lb. Battle Box is kept in the garage in the winter. Getting it to the backyard and on the deck is a chore. I still can cook out front in the BB like I do in the winter.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

One more thing. I’ve done two cooks going to 195 with the brisket and on average 2 hours hold in a cooler. Perfection both times. I will never go to 200 again with brisket.
203 all day with PP though.

Last edited:
I’ve heard pellet grills referred to as Easy Bake Ovens. After yesterday I can only say “easy” is completely true. As you get older holding on to your man card gets tougher for some of us.

I owned boats most of my adult life until I took about a ten year break. Bought another brand new one after the break three years ago and I've used it about a dozen times.

Too much work to trailer, load, unload, clean put away, etc... Time to sell.

I still use my offset, though. I like the shade of the umbrella and the coolness of my drinks while managing it. :-D

For some people, it's either the easy way or not at all, so I'm glad that the ones that need it have an easy option. From the looks of what you cooked there, I don't blame you one bit for being in love with cooking outside again.

The darn things just work... Glad you're happy with your equipment and the product. That's all that really matters.

Whatever works. I can relate to getting older. I too love to fish but just too much work to get a fully loaded Bass rig in and out of the water anymore.

Your Q looks Great!

It's been said "The 2 best days owning a boat is the day you buy it and the day you sell it". :razz: I'm a little stubborn so I'm back into the boat game again.
Looks like that pellet pooper is treating you right, there is something to be said for convenience and if it performs well, that sure is a nice bonus.

It's all about what makes you happy. I don't need to be a certified PitMaster to be content. BBQ is an aspect that I really enjoy in cooking. I make a lot of food in a pellet smoker that people request, order, and are willing to pay for. I'm also perfectly content when my dad requested a dish today that wasn't BBQ'ed at all.

Trip'n 90 and zero complaints from pellet cooker food yesterday. She's brutally honest. You've heard the stories of sweet little old ladies? This is the Cherokee Indian that will fight you.

After her 6-7 mention of not bringing me a card I told her, A hug is better than a card.

Last edited:
Back