THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got forth comp under my belt. A while yet before I could even think of a reply. Last years Stagecoach was best so far. I like to think of ribs as trickiest.
But what Brother Zilla said is right on target. Saturdays turn ins at this years Stagecoach I placed 20th in ribs, 19th place was taken by a team that is way out of my league and they have I'd imagine a small warehouse of trophies. Ya just never know what the judges want on any given day.
Working on having the time and money to get to more comps each year and practice, practice, practice.

Ummm, I'll come back and answer this in October.

Last year our chicken and brisket ended up being our most consistant - not high scores, but consistant. On a good day ribs had the ability to be our best and we struggled with pork.

I look for ribs and chicken to be our best followed by brisket and the pork bringing up the rear this year.

Brisket/Pork
Ribs (although we are not as consistent as we used to be)
Chicken (it's either top 3 or 40 something no consistency)

Back