Down time till next comp

OK Scottie here it goes.

I took a pork butt and injected the hell out of it with a garlic/lemon butter concoction and it was awesome. I couldnt stop eating it. lol

Okay I have posted this on a couple other forums. Just thought I would get your thoughts.

Okay I have 12 weekends before our next contest. You take out 1 weekend for Thanksgiving, 2 weekends for Christmas ( we always have several houses to visit), 1 weekend for a class, My Dads birthday is on a weekend so we will go and eat out. That now leaves only 8 weekends for practice cooks and then back at it.

So how much time do you have or what is you practice time look like?

We're supposed to practice? :wink: Got a FEC, I need to figure out. Probably won't compete till after the annual family spring break trip. Got to keep mama happy, or noones happy.

My first comp is the same as Dave's. I've got about 6 free weekends. Hope to have six new rubs and two sauces out by next March. I've got four that we've been working on for a while that are almost ready for bottling.

Also totally overhauling the Plowboys Web site to get ready for the product launches.

Somewhere in there, I've got to work on chicken. Oh, and ribs. Oh, and brisket. Pork's still solid... ish.

Hey Boss, Let me know if you need a unbiased tester for them.

I have a comp in Feb and my hope is the Doc lets Scottie come over if not
We are looking to fly solo Maybe cancersuckscalifornia

Good hearing from you Clark. If your traveling thru Oklahoma again stop back in and lets tell some bbq lies.

I'll likely be heading your way prior to the end of the year. Lot's to talk about as I will be deployed in June of 2010 for 6 months--unfortunately no lies.

Clark

Chicken, Chicken, and more Chicken! We've got to get our chicken scores better. The scoring (on chicken) is still like a crap shoot around here so I'm not sure what we can do. But we need to try something.

Our first comp will be the same as Todd and Davids, it will be up in Great Bend, Kansas at Winter Que. As far as practice, I have the new FEC100 to start playing with and may be purchasing the new Cookshack Charbroiler before Christmas. Feb. will be here before we know it!! Happy Holidays everyone!

My hobby has grown to a full blown addiction :lol: We signed up early and were on the wait list for Demopolis and lucky enough to get in so the season will last a little longer :-D IF things work out with work we will start the new year in Lakeland. So will not have tons of time for practice. HOWEVER, we have to work on our chicken! Started a new thread about classes maybe some help for chicken will show up :wink:

Practice?

I will practice once a month until March, then every other week until first contest in mid-April (Salisbury MD). I will be focusing on pork and ribs this winter.

Brett

Back