Dont know what to do

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Sitting in office today and received txt from wife asking if ok for her and daughter to go to Disney this weekend. Being a good husband I replied of course not but ill moss you. In reality mind started going crazy knowing ill have Friday night and all day Sat/Sun for football, yard work, and bbq alone. Perfect weekend for me

Im in process of modifying offset which is a Fri activity now. I just need ideas on what to cook Sat/Sun. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all your plans- mods on. cooker, football, yardwork, , more stuff always comes up- this weekend might get away from you time wise. Better get some Bar-S hot dogs in the house and some Ballpark buns. Oh, and some chicken, ribs, brisket fish and some shrimp. Eat the shrimp first. They cook the fastest and will help you power through.

This has all the makings of a good chilled out taking your time cook. I'd go something like a butt, brisket, or ribs. Something that doesn't require to much attention but you can relax cooking and no big rush.

I always go with the surf and turf-ribeye steak and shrimp on the grill.

My GF doesn't like much seafood at all and always complains about the fat in ribeye steaks so when she's gone that's what I have. A nice thick one!

On the other night I would probably go Buffalo wings traditionally deep fried in a pot of oil on the stove with Frank's and my homemade blue cheese dip. Side salad to keep it healthy. :redface:

If your looking to test out the smoker, I'd go St. Louis ribs or a big thick chuck roast.

for me, it would be nothing but me and the dog chilling by a fire all weekend with nothing but a constant stream of bbq'd meat and beer keeping me alive. I'd probably do a brisket or chuckie and wings on friday, fattie for breakfast saturday followed by pork steaks and maybe some pork belly. sunday would be grilled bacon in the morning and maybe some grilled fish for lunch and steak for everyone at dinner. expensive and a heart attack is likely to follow, but theyre at disney so eff it. lucky bastard!! enjoy!! :-D

I'm the same way when my wife wants to go to Pensacola with her girlfriend, "drive safely, I'll miss you", but I know I'll eat what the heck I want while she's gone. The sky is the limit my friend, just decide from your other activities how much time you want to spend tending the pit and go for it.

Sitting in office today and received txt from wife asking if ok for her and daughter to go to Disney this weekend. Being a good husband I replied of course not but ill moss you. In reality mind started going crazy knowing ill have Friday night and all day Sat/Sun for football, yard work, and bbq alone. Perfect weekend for me

Im in process of modifying offset which is a Fri activity now. I just need ideas on what to cook Sat/Sun. Thoughts?

If it were me, I'd go to Disney with your wife and daughter. The smoker will always be there after your daughter is grown and gone. Just a thought from someone who's kids are grown and gone.

This sounds like a wagyu ribeye, nice bottle of bourbon and your choice of smoke kinda weekend sir. Enjoy! :cool:

If it were me, I'd go to Disney with your wife and daughter. The smoker will always be there after your daughter is grown and gone. Just a thought from someone who's kids are grown and gone.

Normally I would agree but I led two Disney trips with her in Sept. Daddy needs a break.

ddd7af08ea407001a512a7f18e40236c.jpg

I have my reasons to agree with this.

Cherish every moment.

Well for night 1 of bachelor weekend and we have tacos

Deep fried cod slices with a key lime breading
Jalapeño and habanero slaw with chipotle sauce
Queso freaco
Cilantro
All on street taco shells. I had 9 of the little things and Oh so good. I love tacos so may make it a weekend as I have some items for steak tacos tomorrow

7ce80b67ca14c1203e0ebe659785f448.jpg

Awesome start! The wife and I will often have fish tacos during Lent. I am digging the spicy slaw, but she wouldn't.

Those look great! Almost bought some cod fillets at Sam's yesterday. Now I wish I did. :frusty:

If that was day 1 can't wait to see what else you come up with. Me I would invite some friends and do a lot of cooking of what the wife doesn't like

Back