Doing a Kosmo brisket today

Thanks for your review... I've been looking at Kosmos webiste and want to give it a try once my UDS is done (which should be in the next few days)...

Just looked at the web site for Kosmo. Is this a rub or a liquid that is injected? They seem to leave something to be desired on their web site. At least for me.

I'm really intrigued by the Kosmo injections for use in competition this year.

Seems to be quite a lot of fans of them. I wonder though how salty they are. Having been over at the Royal for the first time last year I started to recognise the difference in American to British pallets. You guys definitely seem to go for a saltier taste than we do over here. Personally, I'm with you guys and I loved the Q I was eating over there but I wonder if using a product like Kosmo might hurt me with the judges over here.

Obviously shipping is the bit that hurts me so I'm still undecided whether it's worth a punt yet.

Any input gratefully received.

i have to agree about kosmos, i used it for the first time last weekend and could definitly tell a difference in the brisket, i will be using it in the next comp i do

Just looked at the web site for Kosmo. Is this a rub or a liquid that is injected? They seem to leave something to be desired on their web site. At least for me.

It is a powder that you mix with a liquid. I'll pm you my number. Feel free to call me and I will answer any question you have.

Kosmo

Kosmo gave us a couple sample packs at the Royal and have yet to try it, sounds like I need to get off my butt and give it a try. On another note, has anybody tried the chicken soak?

I'm really intrigued by the Kosmo injections for use in competition this year.

Seems to be quite a lot of fans of them. I wonder though how salty they are. Having been over at the Royal for the first time last year I started to recognise the difference in American to British pallets. You guys definitely seem to go for a saltier taste than we do over here. Personally, I'm with you guys and I loved the Q I was eating over there but I wonder if using a product like Kosmo might hurt me with the judges over here.

Obviously shipping is the bit that hurts me so I'm still undecided whether it's worth a punt yet.

Any input gratefully received.

Steve,

You can cut back the mixture using apple juice, beer, or even by adding more water. I typically add 1/4 to 1/3 more fluid than the recipe calls for and it helps reduce the saltiness.

kosmos injection is really good stuff we have used it for 2 comps and got a walk in 2nd comp..

Back