does anyone else's dog raid your grease bucket?

Basically, with dogs you have to protect them from themselves. Wire bristle brushes coated with grease need to kept out of reach. Buckets of grease need to be emptied or blocked off. Training works to a degree but can't be relied on if there is too much temptation and you aren't there. And yes, I've had to search the yard for drip pans and grates.:blabla:

Dogs can be a pain, sometimes. Our boxer mix, when denied going outside with us or on a car trip, will find shoes and hide them if they are left out. She doesn't chew on them, but my wife currently is in search of two sandals from two different pairs. Not a problem for me, I put mine away when not wearing them.

I once left fry oil out in the car port to deal with later...

2 months later 1/2 was gone... evaporation? hummm

6 months later I talk to some lady who's dog wanted into my carport... She says the dog got awful sick and Sk!T up the whole house about 4 months ago and it happened again 2 weeks ago when her dog got loose...

It hit me where the fry oil was going.... I had to hold back the biggest laugh of my life while keeping a strait face talking to her...

when she left I looked in the fry pot and the oil was GONE!

Must be a Bruno thing, our Bruno is a farker too. Licks my grill brush, tries to take greasy AL foil from trash, chews my wife shoes (maybe she'll put them away one day:roll:).

My little mini wiener is to low to the ground to notice my grease bucket. However we will be taking my daughters two dogs when they PCS to Hawaii next spring. Guess I will need to pay attention to this thread.

Yeah. Wife was worried sick the other day because one of the dogs was degreasing my wire brush without asking first.

Back