Do you take a camper to competitions?

I cook out of a 35 foot toy hauler (45 with the ramp down). Every contest I've been to usually offers a standard 20 x 30 space, but you can pay to get extra space and 30/50 amp power, which is what I do. Never had an issue as long as you register in time to get a spot that big. Once they run out of space, getting a big rig in becomes more difficult. Smaller teams, they usually find a spot for.

That's my experience...YMMV!

Thanks for the info. Care to share what they charge for the extra amps/space?

We havent bought yet and I want to balance the needs for BBQ with using as a vacation camper as well. I've been looking at alot of used toy haulers but most ar over 32'. I looked at several work and play campers as well. Those are nice and less expensive and are usually smaller as well but no slide outs so they feel cramped.

At ZBQ, we preferred to go small and understated, so we have a 40' Class A toyhauler RV. It's actually shorter than the RV/trailer combo we used to have.

If you ask the organizers in advance, they can normally accommodate you. Out of 16 contests we will do this year, only one couldn't handle it. Sometimes we will pay extra for a larger site though.

Every year it seems that more and more people are using toyhaulers, RVs, or custom BBQ trailers, and most organizers expect that and will offer 25 x 40 spaces that can handle almost anything.

We started using e z ups, last year I built a enclosed trailer out of a 12ft dove tail trailer it's 18 feet from end to end so it fits into a 20x20 easy it's air conditioned and provides a basic spot out of the elements. Next year I hope to have a 30-34 ft RV most contests around here can easily accommodate that size outfit.

We started using e z ups, last year I built a enclosed trailer out of a 12ft dove tail trailer it's 18 feet from end to end so it fits into a 20x20 easy it's air conditioned and provides a basic spot out of the elements. Next year I hope to have a 30-34 ft RV most contests around here can easily accommodate that size outfit.

I'd love to see a picture of your rig. I have several trailers here that could be a foundation for a BBQ trailer. May could do a small rig for BBQ and still get a camper.

Our toyhauler fits in a 20x20, but you better be friendly with whoever your with, its cozy.....

7577103192_65b9b4a166.jpg

I really like that rig of yours. Every time I see it I think "that's nice and cozy".

Sorry, I'll try to post another picture. It took them 6 weeks. Paid 1/2 down and half when I picked it up. They build a bunch of movie star trailers. I had no idea until I saw one and he wouldn't tell me who it was for. He explained that they are crazy about privacy.

At ZBQ, we preferred to go small and understated, so we have a 40' Class A toyhauler RV. It's actually shorter than the RV/trailer combo we used to have.

If you ask the organizers in advance, they can normally accommodate you. Out of 16 contests we will do this year, only one couldn't handle it. Sometimes we will pay extra for a larger site though.

Every year it seems that more and more people are using toyhaulers, RVs, or custom BBQ trailers, and most organizers expect that and will offer 25 x 40 spaces that can handle almost anything.

My issue i similar. I have a 40' RV with a 12 trailer which nets 55' At Sam's I will have to drop the trailer in a parking space after I unload the cooker but for the rest of the year, I've been able to call ahead and either pay or offer to pay extra and have been accomodated. Only once have I needed to pay extra and I had no problem. I can also drop my trailer and back in next to it in a 20 if I absolutely had to.

Key to it is be the first there onsite to make it easy for the organizer to get you out of the way and for you to be able to easily manuver around and be out of everyone's way.

Jeff..are the cookers included for that price?

They are not. The FEC100 will be coming off in lieu of a larger Rebel. I will then cook on a Rebel 28 and a FE PG500. Cookers are roughly $4400. If you want to buy the Rebel 23 in 4 - 5 weeks, let me know. Cooks great, I just want a bit larger.

Back