Do you prefer beef ribs or brisket?

Do you prefer the perfect beef rib or brisket?

• Total voters

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
At the behest of 4ever3 who can't get enough of polls that require folks to choose between two different types of meat, I am happy to introduce a new one.

If you had your choice between a perfectly cooked beef rib or brisket, which one would you choose?

As much as I LOOOVVEEEE perfectly done plate ribs, I'll pick amazing burnt ends over them.

So, you can take a packer brisket and make sliced or chopped sandwiches, burnt ends or pulled beef all for a small crowd
OR
Take a slab of beef ribs and make...ribs, pulled beef for three or four?

I will go with brisket

Beef ribs, no contest. I do enjoy corned brisket sometimes, boiled with cabbage, potatoes, onions, and carrots.

Sounds like you’ve never eaten a properly cooked brisket.
No, I just don't rate it that high compared to other meats that cost the same, or less. It's an over exercised area of beef that people go through a lot of trouble to make edible. If that is enjoyable to them, that's fine with me.
Currently, brisket is $6.49 /LB for me.
Or I could buy

Tritip $7.49 /LB
Chuckeye Roast $5.99 /LB
Porterhouse Steak $8.99 /LB
Ribeye Steak $8.99 /LB
Less waste, simpler cook.

No, I just don't rate it that high compared to other meats that cost the same, or less. It's an over exercised area of beef that people go through a lot of trouble to make edible. If that is enjoyable to them, that's fine with me.
Or I could buy

Tritip $7.49 /LB
Chuckeye Roast $5.99 /LB
Ribeye Steak $8.99 /LB

You seem to be rating the price, not the taste.

I never seem to get beef short ribs quite right. I somehow undercook or overcook or over season or over smoke :noidea: add in that I can buy a whole brisket for like 20 bucks more and it's hard to justify.

I am a sucker for good beefback ribs. they are super cheap and nothing but bark and beef fat. still prefer brisket.....its my spirit animal

I never seem to get beef short ribs quite right. I somehow undercook or overcook or over season or over smoke :noidea: add in that I can buy a whole brisket for like 20 bucks more and it's hard to justify.

I am a sucker for good beefback ribs. they are super cheap and nothing but bark and beef fat. still prefer brisket.....its my spirit animal

I made some Wal-Mart beefback ribs with a whisky glaze one time and they tasted great. Just not enough meat to eat.

Or I could buy

Tritip $7.49 /LB
Chuckeye Roast $5.99 /LB
Ribeye Steak $8.99 /LB

Fully agree. Brisket is cheaper here than your prices, but even wagyu brisket tastes like mediocre beef. I love cooking it in terms of the process, but the flavor isn't in the same league as other beef cuts.

Easy. Beef ribs by far. I don't ever crave brisket but I crave beef short ribs. I was at Costco Business Center today and had a chance to buy USDA Prime brisket for $2.99 /lb and USDA Choice Boneless Chuck Short Ribs for $4.50 /lb. Guess which one I bought? I didn't even hesitate. I bought the 16.48 pounds choice boneless short ribs.

Back