THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have one of these Char Broil nylon brushes.

2af47b104731f7e2ea6b5c24e167419a_8666894.png

A cheap dandelion weeder works good on really stuck on gunk like after chickens were sauced with a sweet bbq sauce. Then some balled up foil or a regular grill brush for what's left.

To be honest I don't spend much time on it, except if I buy a used kettle and am giving it a serious rehab. Most times pre-cook I use my Weber charcoal rake. It scraps well and can be angled to reach any crusty crud hanging below the cooking plane.

Bought a Billy Bar a couple of years ago and this has hands down become my favorite method. Affordable, safe, simple, quicker than you’d think and just flat out cleans from every angle :)

www.billybar.com

I made myself something very similar to a Billy Bar and it works very well on the straight rod grates I have on my Broil King gas grill but not on the expanded metal grates on my Outlaw smoker.

Looks like a clip remover Robb. :-D So you go rod by rod? :shock: That'll get annoying real fast for me.

I use a wood scraper too. 12 pack of wood shims from Home Depot $1.98. The grates end up making grooves in the wood. Burn when done.

Rub em off with a wooden scraper til they get too funky,then hit em with a weed burner and a pressure washer.

Last edited:
Back