Discussion Thread -> "The Big Pig!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

This is my entry to "The Big Pig" Throwdown.

I was hosting a party to break Earl in and really get a feel for timing and capacity. Earl served up breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the brisket being the only thing that didn't have pork on it.

Breakfast Fatty stuffed with eggs, taters, yellow bell peppers, and pepper jack cheese.

Lunch consisted of untrimed spares, bacon wrapped stuffed chicken thighs, pulled pork, MOINKs, and pig shots.

Since this is "The Big Pig", I threw together a collage of the above items for my official entry pic below. If this is a problem, I will choose a single.

Jeepers Peepers where dya get those sneakers?
Haha! Man, that cook and the associated prep work wore me smooth out! I got to relax for a couple hours after starting the fire and getting most things on, but then more stuff had to go on, some other stuff needed prep inside, then some had to come off, then more go on. I finally got a long relaxing time to visit with friends once all the small stuff came off and just had to wait on the brisket and the other half of the MOINKs/pig shots for dinner since everything else was ready around lunch time.

Haha! Man, that cook and the associated prep work wore me smooth out! I got to relax for a couple hours after starting the fire and getting most things on, but then more stuff had to go on, some other stuff needed prep inside, then some had to come off, then more go on. I finally got a long relaxing time to visit with friends once all the small stuff came off and just had to wait on the brisket and the other half of the MOINKs/pig shots for dinner since everything else was ready around lunch time.
I know how you feel. Sometimes I wish I had a revolving door. :idea:

Since this is "The Big Pig", I threw together a collage of the above items for my official entry pic below. If this is a problem, I will choose a single.

Sorry... The rules clearly state one entry photo. Please pic one.

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderator will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderator (me) a PM and I will do my best to correct the issue.

10. You ARE allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to add the dish/item to a more interesting background if you like.

Sorry... The rules clearly state one entry photo. Please pic one.
No problemo...

Then let's go with the biggest pig of the cook.

null_zps86cadd68.jpg

Looking Good! peeps! For any new folks in the TD's, Entering is what got the ideas flowing for me over a year ago. I would look at these fine dishes and say "I've got to try THAT!". Seeing what these Folks were coming up with really expanded my BBQ and pic taking horizons.

Thanks BBQ Brethren! :thumb:

I am also in agreement with Toast and Jed, these TD's make you want to step up your game and try something new. I mean if there's no challenge why try? Matbe that's just me though. And I challenge myself everyday too, to become better in some way.
Some days I succeed, some days I just suck :laugh: but that's life

Back