Discussion Thread -> "Thanksgiving" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

I was conned into entering this, but here is my entry!

iwWCBMf.jpg

Full spread thread link here. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2714438&posted=1#post2714438

Here we go, both feet into the throwdown fire!

All ingredients assembled for brine (minus the kosher salt, apple juice and sugar):
picture.php

Into the pool with about a quart of H20 to dissolve the 1 C kosher salt and 3/4 C sugar and steep the chilies. Once that's done, added 2 cans frozen AJ concentrate and topped off the water to 10 QTS., just fit in a 12 QT container with the 21 LB turkey! Brined in the fridge for 48 hrs.

picture.php

The Pre-Op bird shot:

picture.php

The Post-Op shot:

picture.php

Corn bread for oyster dressing:

picture.php

We made a (mostly) root veggie gratin with golden beets, butternut squash, parsnips and rutabaga:

picture.php

Oysters ready for smoking:

picture.php

Smoked oyster dressing, polish sausage with kraut and the finished gratin:

picture.php

picture.php

The finished bird:

picture.php

My plate (and TD entry shot) - not enough room for the sausage or the garlic mashed potatoes & gravy!

picture.php

Thanks for lookin' and good luck fellow TD farkers!

Oopps. I missed the deadline by 39 minutes. Fark! I thought it was 7. I will take my Dilly Bar and sit in the corner. :oops:

Shhhhhhhh...things have happened before and the poll hasn't gone up yet. Besides, I LOVE deviled eggs...

Sorry, Chris... This one is a wrap. And I love deviled eggs, too.

Poll later this morning.

Back