THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you show me in the rules where a cook thread is required? I must have missed it. Ronelle didn't list any speshul roolz either?

A cook thread is technically not required, however:

3. To enter your dish in a Throwdown it must first follow all rules defined in this post. To make your entry, please create a post in the Throwdown ENTRY thread for the category that you wish to enter. You must clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear enough that the moderator understands your intention. This can be as simple as saying, "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". Any post that does not state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.

Good thing that shipment of Dilly Bars just arrived...

:twisted:

QUIET! Gore's trying to be the DQ king again and I won't stand for it...

I don't think I can get DQ'ed since it technically isn't an entry. I think you have to have an entry to be DQ'ed. Fark, I can't even make a proper entry with my sausage. :shock:

Ooops, looks like I've been rule 3'ed. I thought this was the entry thread where entries are posted. I guess I'm redundancy impaired. :laugh:

If the only pictures posted in the entry thread were entries, then that would be true, but folks post pictures of past cooks or repost pictures from other entries regularly, so the requirement to specify a post as an entry was added to avoid confusion.

This was added a couple of years ago, BTW :)

If the only pictures posted in the entry thread were entries, then that would be true, but folks post pictures of past cooks or repost pictures from other entries regularly, so the requirement to specify a post as an entry was added to avoid confusion.

This was added a couple of years ago, BTW :)

I thought that was what the thread for delinquents was for. I thought the two separate threads was supposed to clear up all that confusion and we had one thread for entries and one thread for whackadoodlery. I don't hang around here too much though, so my bad. :doh:

A cook thread is technically not required, however:

3. To enter your dish in a Throwdown it must first follow all rules defined in this post. To make your entry, please create a post in the Throwdown ENTRY thread for the category that you wish to enter. You must clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear enough that the moderator understands your intention. This can be as simple as saying, "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". Any post that does not state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.

Hey, you can't fault me for trying. That DQ after winning a vote will only go so far against all the DQs Gore has totaled up, after all...Besides, it was a Man Sized sausage even Nate would be proud of.

I thought that was what the thread for delinquents was for. I thought the two separate threads was supposed to clear up all that confusion and we had one thread for entries and one thread for whackadoodlery. I don't hang around here too much though, so my bad. :doh:

Comments on entries have always been allowed in the entry thread.

THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY!!!!! IT DOES NOT QUALIFY AS IT WAS COOKED FOR LUNCH TODAY, AFTER THE DEADLINE.

I just wanted to show off my big happy sausage.

It's happy even though it isn't capable of entry. Go figure. :noidea:

Has your sausage been like that for more than four hours? :shocked:

CD

Back